2

A soft buzzing slowly dragged me out of sleep. I honestly had no idea what time of day it was. Sitting up and rubbing away the sleep from my eyes I realise that the buzzing was my phone going off and before long I was filled heavily with dread as to what those messages were going to say.

 Sitting up and rubbing away the sleep from my eyes I realise that the buzzing was my phone going off and before long I was filled heavily with dread as to what those messages were going to say

I quickly sit up and cross my legs on my bed, running my hands through my knotted hair.

How the fuck does he know? I guess someone saw us together and gathered that we hooked up. Why the fuck didn't they help me then? Jesus they all knew that Layton had- well, they thought that we had...Shit shit shit.

I felt my face scrunch up in repulsion. 

I didn't know how I was going to handle the situation with my friends and Jayden but I guess it doesn't matter now.

Knocking softly, my dad entered my room, his eyes travelled across my face and I guess he saw the distress I was in as he came and sat next to me on my double bed. I moved away slightly. We sat in silence and I observed my room, the white pristine walls, littered with photographs of my friends at school dances, cheerleading competitions, at the mall.

 Layton was in some of these pictures too.

Fuck. 

I considered him a friend.

I feel so embarrassed.

I looked across from where I sat cross-legged and watched myself in the mirror.

I was still in the sweat pants and jumper lotta gave me at the hospital. My thick hair was a mess, thrown into a half falling out braid travelling down my back and my eyes looked hollow, the brown in them didn't shine as they had 24 hours ago.

I felt sick looking at myself.

And for the first time in my life, I hated what I saw.

"Ivy, your mother and I were thinking about how it might help you not to tell people about what happened."

I looked at him, he looked older, his eyes kinder than I'd seen before.

"Why?" I asked, I wasn't going to anyway but I immediately feel defensive.