Chapter 13: The final fight

Now up to this point, we've been searching for heroes from different teams. Everyone took a hit when we lost against darkseid, but now is our chance to seek justice to prove who is really dominant over the other. Clark and i had stopped to rest for a couple days in a nearby safe house. We were no longer in Metropolis. I miss home. I miss my Dad, but i'm staying strong. Clark and i were laying next to each other in a worn down abandoned mattress. "I know you're scared." Clark whispered. I rolled over to face him. "How?" I asked. "You're shaking." He answered as he moved closer to me. He wrapped his arms around me. "I just keep thinking about everyone we've lost. i doubt we can bring them back, but we can avenge them. i am scared. i'm terrified." I admitted.  I sighed as i looked at him. "Honey, it's okay to be afraid. i'm afraid too. I've already let you down once." Clark told me. "I love you, Clark. If i don't get a chance to say it in the future then i'm saying it now. I love you with all my heart." I admitted as i leaned and kissed him. 

Clark's POV: 

Holding Torie in my arms again felt comforting and reassuring. She loves me even though i couldn't save her Father. "I love you too." I told her as i kissed her. I've failed her, i've hurt her, and yet she's still here right next to me.  I don't deserve her, but tomorrow we have to make it count for everyone who has fallen at the hands of darkseid. Watching her sleep peacefully gives me the strength and courage to continue fighting.  the next day, we woke up early to get started on recruiting heroes for the final fight.  We were able to retrieve our jet from the hall of justice and we set out on recruiting other heroes that had traveled far away.  We arrived to John Constantine's bar/ apartment that he was staying at. "I don't know if i can do this, Torie." I admitted.  "Of course you can, Superman can do anything." She reminded me. "Well Constantine hates Superman for losing against Darkseid." I revealed. "Clark, you're going to recruit him whether you like it or not." She stated in a firm voice. "Wow, you sound really confident." I responded. "That's because i am." She told me as she grabbed my hand and we walked off the jet and up to the front door.  Torie was the one who knocked on the door as well.  

Torie's POV: 

i understand why Clark doesn't want to face Constantine, but there is no time for fear.  "John Constantine, are you home? It's me Silver Witch." I asked. I heard someone unlock the door.  "I thought you were going by the Mistress Phoenix?" John asked as he opened the door. "I'm not fit for the title." I answered as i watched him glare at Clark. "What is he doing here?" Constantine asked. "Look John, i know you're upset with him, but we need your help. This is Earth's last chance to be free of Darkseid's control." I began as he turned around to punch Clark.  He was able to knock Clark off his feet. "Okay, maybe i deserved that." Clark muttered. "Your not so super now are you. I wonder how many mortal punches you can take." John threatened. "John, that's enough. This isn't about just you and what you lost, it's about what this world has lost. Please join us in one last fight to bring free will back to earth. You have nothing else to lose, am i right?" I asked. "I'll join, but i still want to kick his ass." He muttered as he climbed into the jet.  "Are you alright?" I asked Clark. "Of course, why wouldn't i be? If i couldn't handle one punch , then there's no way i would have ever became Superman, Torie." He answered as we climbed into the jet as well.  "Alright, now that we have our team, it's time to take the fight to Darkseid." I announced as we took off.  So this is my new battle uniform.

  So this is my new battle uniform

We arrived on Apokolips. We unloaded off the jet and walked around, there were a bunch of bodies burnt to a crisp. I spotted ashes buried underneath a batman costume. "Dad." I whispered. I quickly caught up to the others as we were standing a few yards away from Darkseid. "So the foolish Kal-El has returned for more humiliation. And he's brought his lover. I hope you can provide me with a decent challenge even though you're depowered." Darkseid taunted. I've had enough of this guy. My eyes started to glow and my fists were starting too as well. i fired these bolts at Darkseid, and it actually did damage.  "Earth is under my protection, and for the crimes you have committed against the whole universe, you must be banished to hell." I declared before my powers took control and everything for me blacked out.