Chapter three: befriending the man of steel

Torie's Pov:

It's been five months since i started working at the Daily Planet. Clark, Jimmy, Lois, and I became close friends which is nice. I have a support system in a strange city that i've never lived nor visited in up until five months ago. My Father calls and checks up on me, and in fact he has scheduled a visit to Metropolis this week. My apartment is an absolute mess, i need to go to the grocery store since today is Friday to pick up some cleaning supplies as well as groceries.  Just as i was leaving for work, i noticed a woman being robbed in alley. So being the good citizen that i am, i jumped the robber. I locked him in a choke hold until he passed out, i returned the purse and called the cops. After the event, i was called to the justice league meeting. My secret identity was Silver witch. I have magic,my eyes turn silver, blah blah blah. So i climbed into a taxi and found an alley near the hall of justice and quickly changed into my uniform. 

So this is my uniform but with silver boots, and hair

So this is my uniform but with silver boots, and hair. Why now? Why is it that the Justice League is now calling me in? "Nice to see you actually showed up." Batman aka my father welcomed me as we walked inside. "Well it's nice that you welcomed me in such a warm fashion. What do we got?" I asked. "There has been reports of alien like creatures from outer space, i should know i was fighting one last night." He explained. "And you didn't call this in why?" I asked. "I thought it was only in Gotham city, but turns out, it's all over the world." He revealed. "Oh great, So an alien baby arrives twenty four years ago, and now his family is trying to locate him? Or is this an alien invasion?" I asked. "Look Superman's home planet was destroyed, his race is extinct, i don't think this has anything to do with him." Batman explained. "So Alien invasion." i uttered. "Let's not jump to conclusions yet, there might be a portal we can close." Batman answered. "That's what my mother said right before she died, sorry if i'm coming off hasty, but when we open our world to one alien, it opens the world to different races of alien invasions." I explained as we walked into the conference room. Batman pulled me aside. "Look, i get it, but this isn't about you or your mom, just keep your cool because you're going to have to get used to working on a team made up of aliens, goddesses, cyborgs, and experiments that has gone wrong. Keep your cool, and don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. Don't judge a book by it's cover." Batman told me as we walked over to the table.  Batman started explaining the situation to the league, and then he paired us into teams. By my luck, not choice, i got paired with Superman. Before we left on our missions, Batman pulled me aside. "Please try to be nice. Don't be mean or accuse Superman of anything." He told me. "Dad, what do you think i'm going to do, punch him? i can keep my cool, as long as he doesn't cross a certain line." I told him as i walked over to the jet. "I've never seen you around here before. What's your name?" A man asked me. I turned around to see none other than Superman. "Silver Witch, you can call me Sil, for short. I'm assuming you're Superman." I answered. Man he was hotter in person, up close. No Torie don't think that way, he's your partner for this mission. "Yep, that's me, but call me Kal, it's my birth name. Are you ready? the jet's loaded." He asked. "Nice to meet you Kal, and yes i'm ready if you are." I answered as we walked inside the jet. We're going to fight these alien things, i don't know what the hell they're called. "They're called Parademons, they're creatures from the planet Apokolips. They won't hesitate to kill." Superman informed me. "You act like i haven't been in the middle of a fight before Kal, i've got this." I reassured him. "I'm just trying to make sure you don't get hurt. i look out for all of my teammates, even if they don't trust me in the beginning." He revealed. "You heard our conversations?" i asked. "Super hearing and mind reading are apart of my list of powers, Sil. Sometimes, it's a curse, sometimes it's useful." He explained. "Boy, don't i know that feeling." I muttered as we arrived.  Para demons were flooding the atmosphere. Woah, this is more than what i've signed up for.  Either way, we started fighting, we fought to save civilians from this horror of a day. After a while, Darkseid's appearance was made. "You fools have no hope of saving this planet." Darkseid threatened. We fought and struggled to bring him down, before we sent him back to wherever he came from, he sent a laser beam from his eyes, it was aiming at me. That was when Kal rushed in front of me to take the blast. Of course it was painful, but it didn't kill him. "Kal, are you crazy? What were you thinking?" I asked. "Couldn't risk it, at least you're safe." He admitted as he stood up. Darkseid's gone, crisis is adverted. "Thank you." I told him as we headed back to the hall of justice.  Once we got back, i noticed something was wrong. "Kal, is everything okay?" I asked. We were standing on a balcony at night. "You, don't trust me do you?" He asked. "Why would you ask that?" i asked. "Answer the question." He demanded. "At first i was hesitant, because of what happened to my mom, but after you used your body to absorb the laser beams that were meant to kill me, i realized i was wrong, i trust you." I answered.  "Okay, well then, i trust you enough to tell you this. Sil, my real name is Clark. I'm Clark Kent. " He revealed. I was in shock, but i believed him for some reason. I took off my mask. "I'm Torie, Torie Wayne. My Father is Batman." I revealed.