Prologue- Growing Up

Age 5

Peter and Harley looked around in awe at Broadway. The lights, the color, the atmosphere. 

Each twin was being held by one of their parents as they walked around New York City. 

It was Christmas time. Steve and Tony drove up to meet up with Natasha and Clint, who are sharing an apartment. 

Clint and Nat had invited everyone over since they managed to afford a loft. All of Tony and Steve's high school friends have been meeting at their apartment every year, but the couple hadn't been able to make it, what with work and raising the twins. 

But Tony decided they were old enough, so finally Steve and Tony could meet up with Nat and Clint and Bruce and even Thor and Loki were managing to fly down from Norway to meet up. 

Tony and Steve walk up the stairs and knock on the door. 

Natasha opens the door, and breaks out into a grin. "Tony! Steve! Your little tiny children, who are just so cute!" Natasha cooes, and boops Peter. Peter grins and waves. 

"Hewwo!" Harley says. Natasha smiles wider and invites the family inside. 

Age 6

"Peter, Harley, we'll be right here to pick you up," Tony says. Peter and Harley nod. The twins were holding hands, looking brave, but scared. 

"Okay, Dada," Harley says. Peter nods for emphasis. 

"You'll have fun. Maybe you'll make new friends." Steve suggests. 

"I don't need friends. I have Peter." Harley answers.

"Yeah, and I have Harley," Peter backs up his twin.  

A bell rings, and Tony and Steve stand up. "Alright, you two, have fun. We will be right here at 3:00." The twins nod, and they turn around and start walking towards where the teacher is ushering kids in. 

"They'll be fine, Stevie, they have each other," Tony comforts his husband. Steve nods. 

"Yeah. Now, don't you have work?" Tony shrugs and grins. 

*****

"Pops! Dada! We made a new friend!" Harley comes running up to his parents, towing Peter. The twins are still holding hands, but there's a third boy in the mix now. A small, slightly chubby boy with floppy brown hair and dark brown eyes.

"This is Ned." Peter introduces. Tony and Steve grin at each other. 

"Nice to meet you," Ned says. 

"Can we have a playdate?" The twins' chorus. Ned looks eagerly. 

"Did Ned's parents ok it?" The three boys nod. 

"Then I don't see why not," Tony says. The trio cheers and follows Steve and Tony to their car. 

Age 9

"Peter, Harley, I'd like you to meet your little sister, Morgan." Tony sits down on the couch, holding a two-year-old girl with brown hair and large brown eyes. 

"We have a baby sister?" Harley asks. The twins were on the floor, playing Monopoly when Tony and Steve got back from the adoption agency. 

"We have a baby sister." Peter answers. The twins' grin at each other and high five. 

"So you're okay with it?" Steve asks. 

"Yeah, we are. Maybe when she's older she can play Monopoly with us." Peter suggests. Harley nods happily, before rolling the dice and moving his piece. 

Age 11

"Ned!" Peter jumps up and waves his arms, signaling for their friend to join them. Ned comes over, smiling. 

"Peter, Harley! Are you guys ready for middle school?" He asks. 

"No. We're going to be the youngest again." Harley moans. 

"So what? We'll be in the middle next year, and then a year after that we'll be the oldest." Ned says, ever the optimist. 

"Then we'll go to high school and be the youngest. Again. I hate being the youngest." Harley says. 

"Boys! Go to school." Steve steps out of the car and motions for the boys to head into the building. 

"Hi, Mr. Rogers-Stark!" Ned waves. 

"Hey, Ned. Go to school." Ned sighs and the trio walks into school. 

Age 14

"High school." Peter flourishes his arms at the imposing brick building in front of him and Harley.

"Where's Ned?" Harley asks, looking around. 

"He texted the group chat, he has a doctor's appointment, he'll be late," Peter says. 

"It's the first day, though," Harley replies. 

"Well, come on." Peter pulls out his and Harley's schedules and looks them over. "Yes! We have homeroom together. And history, art and math!" The twins high five and walk into the building. 

They walk into the classroom and take a seat at the back of the room, right next to each other. 

"Welcome to ninth grade. Today we will be going over our schedules and making sure everyone knows where to-"

A girl with curly brown hair and light brown skin walks in. She scans the room, before taking a seat directly in front of Peter. 

"Why are you late, young lady?" The teacher asks. The girl pulls out a book and starts reading. 

"Excuse me?" The teacher says again, impatiently. 

"Sorry, I was reading. I was late because I was reading," The girl answers.

"Peter." Harley hisses. Peter turns. 

"What?"

"Ask her what book she's reading. It looks good." Peter nods and taps the girl on the shoulder. 

"Excuse me, my brother was wondering what book you were reading?" Peter asks quietly, his eyes flicking up to watch the teacher. 

"Of Human Bondage." She answers out of the corner of her mouth. 

"Is it good?" 

"It is."

"What's your name?" 

"Michelle. But my friends call me MJ." 

And there you go!!

The prologue of The Legacy We Hold. 

I'm very proud of this actually, I thought it was good. 

Normally I don't write in the third person, so the rest of this book will be first, in either Peter's or Harley's POV. 

Please share, and if anyone you know like the first one, please tell them the sequel is out, and I will try to regularly update. 

Please vote and share!!!

Also, go check out my other stories, they're pretty good too. 

XOXO Valkyrie