Chapter Fifteen

Pic of Angel

Cassie's POV

Present day

Walking into the house followed by Angel my heart was thumping painfully in my chest. He was shuffling and groaning quietly but I could still hear him clear as day. You would imagine being given a chance like I was offering him he would be a little happier, but he seemed more upset the closer to the door we got.

I remembered fondly how both Riley and Samuel had responded and Angel’s reaction couldn't be more opposite. He showed no interest in the lavish home my parents created. He actually rolled his eyes on arrival making me smile.

I came across Angel just hours ago. Jessica had demanded we go out on a girls’ trip to the city, like she did every other time she broke up with a boyfriend. I had a bad feeling the whole way there; leaving the boys at home and making myself leave the house had me on edge. She had gotten herself obnoxiously drunk within ten minutes of arriving at the first bar. The night that followed saw me running after her as she danced from bar to club and back to bars.

She ended up stumbling into a famous gay strip club 'eclipse'. I must have stood outside the entrance cursing her name for fifteen minutes before I gave up and followed her inside. It wasn't so much that it was a gay club or that it was a gay strip club that had me reluctant, I guess I just didn't want to deal with the fact Jessica had gone completely off the deep end.

The music pounded in my ears making them ring painfully, I had to wait a minute just to let them adjust. Everywhere around me were men, big ones, small ones, young ones, old ones, hairy ones and glittery ones.

Jessica resembled a kid in a candy store, she was sitting front row at the stage clapping her hands excitedly as the host introduced the next act. She waved me over quickly, beating her hand even more viscously when I was obviously reluctant.

"Cas please, come on! We're going to watch the show!"

"Jess I think it's time we went home don't you?"

"No I do not!" she giggled drunk

"But Jess the boys and..."

"The boys the boys the boys, that's all you ever talk about anymore, and look around, there are boys here" she laughed and averted her eyes to the boy coming on stage.

I was going to demand we leave until I saw him. He stopped any words coming out of my mouth or forming in my brain. He was so beautiful I blushed in my seat and he hadn't even done anything or looked at me.

He was tall, lean and muscular. His dark hair was spiked with gel and looked like someone had sprinkle glitter all over it. What was left of the glitter must have been rubbed all down his body because every way he turned the light would catch and he would sparkle.

It wasn't the sparkles that had me transfixed and unable to speak, it was the way he moved. It was confident and full of authority, a sort of stance that screamed 'I dare you to'. He came to the stage with a just out of bed look, wearing a silver loose t shirt and soft sweats. The song played slowly and erotically in the background as he made his way to the centre stage, where there did happen to be a prop bed covered in pillows and feathers.

He had this innocent smile on his face in the beginning, rubbing the back of his neck looking nervous almost. I would have said he was about 21 but like this he could pass for 16. Judging by the hoots and hollers from the men in the crowd his look was working for him.

He climbed onto the bed and began to take of one item of clothing at a time.He started grinding into the pillows slowly smirking at some of the men who were waving dollar bills in his direction, begging for some special attention.