Chapter two

CASSIE'S PPOV

Continuing flashback ( the beginning)

Arriving home I didn't really know what to do with this guy, he was passed out against the door of the car. He was snoring slightly and thankfully breathing a little easier. I couldn't help notice how he has some potentially handsome features. I still couldn't see him clearly but the peaceful childlike expression he had while he slept couldn't not warm my heart.

Running inside I turned on all the lights, jogged upstairs and turned on the bath tub making sure it was warm. I grabbed towels and a robe from the pantry and laid them on the towel rack next to the tub.

I didn't have much time left, I couldn't leave him out in the car in the cold but I needed to find clothes. I didn't have any that would fit him, I locked away my parent's bedroom two years ago and nothing was going to make me open that door.

I ran my hands through my hair trying to think about what I would do with him. He had to shower and he'd catch a cold if I didn't get him out of those clothes. I remembered that my dad often left boxers in the hot press room where we kept the fancy coats and stuff, something about the heating making them comfy. I almost laughed at the memory.

Luckily I wasn't wrong and I found an old pair that should fit, next I grabbed one of my oversized sports t shirts and said a small prayer, laying them on the bed of the guest bedroom. It was opposite my room which I felt would let me watch over him a bit in case he got sicker during the night.

After all the jobs were done I ran back downstairs and to my car. I smiled when I found him still asleep, unaware that I had ever left. I wouldn't like him thinking I left him on his own. He didn't look like someone who deserved it.

I reached over and lightly shook him until he began to wake. He was grumbling incoherently and shifting around in the seat refusing to let himself wake. I chuckled until I felt him grab at the arm that I used to shake him.

Suddenly I was dragged from the driver's seat across to the passenger side where he wrapped my arm around him. My face was smashed against his cheek and my chest pressed against his back. He sighed contently.

I couldn't let him sleep like this; he still had to take the rest of his medicine. Looking at this scene someone might say it looked kind of cute. However this guy, who I still didn't have a name for, was homeless an hour ago. I didn't even know how long he had been homeless for. Judging by the smell I would guess a while.

As we lay smashed together in the front of my car I had to struggle not to breathe through my nose while trying to figure out what to do with him. My legs were going numb and I had to shake to get them to keep working for me

"Stop squirming princess I'm trying to sleep" I heard his groggy voice mumble.

"Ah I need to get you inside"

"I don't want to" he whined like a kid making me groan in distress.

"Well you have too, you kind of stink"

He chuckled lightly "sorry, the runnning water in my bench isn't working" he ended in a yawn stretching his arms out and letting me escape.

"You should get on to a plumber about that" I deadpanned and he smirked letting me see for the second time his piercing blue eyes.

Temporarily distracted I didn't notice that he had flung the door of the car open and was attempting to stand. Both the medicine and the physical toll his illness was having on his body made him weak. He stumbled a bit and I rushed to his side to help him in doors.

"Fuck it's so cold" his teeth were chattering all the way inside. The stairs posed the most difficulty but after ten torturous minutes I had him upstairs. Swinging open the bathroom door we were engulfed in a hot steam that immediately stopped our shaking.