Twenty-three

I can't promise I will always update, just that sometimes writing makes me happy and sometimes it doesn't, and when it does I will always want to write for you X

Cassie's POV

The room melted into silence after the boys had left, Angel and I sat at the kitchen table, having barely touched our breakfast, and allowed each other to enjoy the peace. This morning had been stressful and I couldn't bare to think about what sort of day Josh and Adam would have. I only hope that the kids that went to our school weren't still stuck in 2000, that they would be able to accept my boys for who they were and who they loved! I can't understand why they wouldn't but then I can't understand a lot about people these days.

"I don't think I'm going to school today" I announced to the room and myself more than to Angel. Nonetheless he looked up stunned.

"Miss golden scholar and all round mother Teresa missing a day of school? You must be deathly ill" he mocked, eyes bright and teasing.

I placed my hand dramatically across my forehead "Mmm I think so" closing my eyes I dipped my head back until it hit the back of my chair, sliding down in my seat.

"Are you for real dying?" He raised his brows giving me a side eyed glance that probably shouldn't have made my breath catch but unfortunately it did

"Nah I just don't feel up to school today" I shrugged getting up from the table and taking both our dishes to the sink

"As much as I am glad you are not dying because who would do my laundry..." he chuckles at the glare I shoot in his direction "it's not like you to miss school, I might not be here very long but I'm pretty sure of that" he follows me over to the island in the centre of the room where I'm washing up, grabbing a towel and begins drying.

"I guess it's not very like me no, but maybe I'm not feeling like myself today" I look away from him and towards the living room opposite

"Wow deep" he rolls his eyes and nudges me so that I end up stumbling away from him, luckily catching myself off the counter top before I can face plant.

"Listen I just don't want to go today ok? And seeing as I am the authority on what I do around here I'm allowed to bunk without needing to explain myself" I finish my sentence by letting the plate I'm washing slip from my hands and clatter loudly against the steel of the sink "shit sorry"

"Swearing, skipping school and dropping plates, I don't know who you are but I want to know what you've done with Cassie" Angel sits the last dry plate into the cupboard before sitting back against the dresser, eyes intently focussed on me looking for answers but smiling so that we still remain wrapped in an apparent joke that thick with tension

When I remain silent he lets out a long breath, "well alright then what are we going to do for the day? I have work at eight but there's lots of daylight left before then"

"I was going to go for a run actually, I feel like I need to release some tension after the last few days" I laugh half heartedly

"Cool I'll grab my gear" Angels moved towards the hall but I stop him for some reason I'm not quiet sure of, like a gut reaction.

"Actually I wanted to go alone...if that's ok with you"

He turns around looking at me with the same piercing gaze he's been using since we were left alone "are you sure you're alright?"