Chapter 151: What?

Start from the beginning

"Isn't this something that you should handle?" Ning Yuxuan curved his lips. "Why do you want me to help?"

Ji Man dryly coughed. Seeing that the people behind them weren't far from them, she lowered her voiced and said, "It's a bit inconvenient for this servant to do something. Errong isn't willing to see this servant, so this servant can only ask my lord for help."

Ning Yuxuan swept his gaze across her and lightly said, "It's not a bad thing for them to divorce. Why are you anxious about it?"

They've already divorced, and he doesn't think it's bad thing? Did they have to never come into contact with each other again before he would call it a bad thing? Ji Man gritted her teeth and said, "My lord, aren't you taking this matter too lightly?"

"Why don't you wait until Ning Mingjie has come back from the battlefield triumphantly, then think about the problem between your older brother and Errong?" Marquis Moyu chuckled, "Aren't you very clever? Aren't you supposed to know everything?"

Ji Man paused.

Ning Mingjie would return triumphantly? Alright, let's ignore the fact that Ning Mingjie wasn't even the commander of the troops that left the capital. Why was Ning Yuxuan bringing up the topic of Ning Mingjie returning triumphantly? How could Ning Yuxuan know that Ning Mingjie would definitely win? Hadn't they said that because of the problem with the supplies, the troops had been forced to gradually retreat in defeat?

Moreover, even if Ning Mingjie will return victoriously, what did this have to do with Errong and Nie Qingyun's marriage?

---

Nie Clan had collapsed, and the emperor wasn't favoring the imperial noble consort. The recent additions to the imperial harem were more favored than the older women. Very quickly, there was that new favored consort, and that new favored court lady, and so on, until the emperor's favor was gradually divided among them. The situation in the imperial harem was starting to become murky. There was also a vacancy for the position of Zhenyuan General, but the emperor didn't have the intention of hurriedly filling that position. Instead, he allowed for someone to temporarily function in an acting capacity for that position.

Based on these facts, Ji Man thought that Ning Yuxuan would definitely give her the cold shoulder for a while.

However, to her surprise, he didn't.

Right after dinner, Ning Yuxuan came to Feiwan Courtyard. After she had helped him washed up and changed his clothes, they lied down on the bed and quietly looked at the top of bed canopy.

Ji Man asked, "My lord, is there something that you want to say?"

Ning Yuxuan turned his head over to look at her and asked, "What about you? We haven't seen each other for so long. Is there something that you want to say to me?"

Ji Man thought; based on Marquis Moyu's smoldering temperament, she could only say sweet things.

Ji Man looked at him with a gaze full of love and said,

"Since we parted, I've thought of seeing you again,

Oh, how I have dreamed of being reunited with you."

(T/N: These are lines from a poem called, Melody of a Partridge-filled Sky.)

Ning Yuxuan froze in surprise for a moment. He chuckled and lightly slid his slender fingers across her lips as he said, "It'll be good when you can finally say the truth."

The truth? Ji Man silently laughed. Could she really say the truth? Everyone thought they liked to hear the truth, but no one could bear knowing the truth. For example, if she were to straightforwardly tell Ning Yuxuan, "You dumb f*ck of a stallion. You went on a mountain vacation with women and children and didn't return for such a long time. You left me here alone while I had to deal with my family undergoing a drastic upheaval. What kind of damn man are you?!" What would he do to her?