Chapter 66: Bringing a new person home and seeing old people

Apparently, Marquis Moyu had never told Jinse about his household situation. And so, Jinse felt somewhat lied to when she saw the group of women after coming out of the carriage. Stunned by the sight in front of her, she forgot to salute.

"My lord, you worked hard on this trip." The smile had been wiped off of Wen Wan's face. After casting a glance at the other woman, she asked, "Who is she?"

Ning Yuxuan said, "She's a concubine that I accepted during this trip. Arrange a place for her to stay."

Once these words were said, no one had a good expression. Jinse probably had many sweet dreams and imagined that she would reach instant success because of her pregnancy. She hadn't expected that Marquis Moyu would only give her the status of an ordinary concubine and her smile also disappeared. As for the other women, they looked at her with ill intentions.

"Where's older sister Sangyu? She had also gone on the trip to look at the scenery. Why don't we see her?" Qi Siling quietly asked.

Ji Man had worn simple clothing today and had mixed in with the group of servant girls. She looked rather pitiful as she tidied her hairstyle and came over to greet Wen Wan. "Madam, you seem well."

As soon as Wen Wan saw Nie Sangyu's sorry looking figure, her previous resentment towards her scattered. Instead, she felt somewhat sympathetic. So what if Nie Sangyu had gone with the marquis on this trip? She ended up getting bullied by a mere prostitute. If it had been her, she would have been angered to death.

Wen Wan stared at Jinse and said in an unpleasant tone, "I've never seen a secondary wife being pushed out of the carriage by a concubine until now! Well, you're a woman from the outside after all. It can't be helped that you're lacking in etiquette. Just learn by example from now on."

The group was tired from the carriage ride, but they were blocked at the entrance and couldn't enter. Marquis Moyu's expression didn't look very good. Jinse had been embarrassed by Wen Wan's words, so she silently lowered her head. This situation felt somewhat awkward.

Ji Man lightly smiled and said, "It's not early anymore. How about we go inside now? Madam, even though you miss the marquis, we should go inside to talk."

With Nie Sangyu taking the first stab at smoothing things over, Qi Siling also remembered to react. She walked forward to Wen Wan's side and said to the marquis, "Madam has prepared a feast to welcome everyone back from their long journey. Let's go inside."

One by one, the servant girls stood to the side to open a path. Behind them, Ning Mingjie and Ning Errong had also gotten off their carriage. Marquis Moyu lowered his eyes and didn't approach Wen Wan to walk inside together. Instead, he entered the residence by himself.

Feeling quite wronged, Wen Wan clutched her handkerchief. Could other people have been right? Were all men enamored with the new and bored with the old? Now that there was a new woman, was she going to be ignored like the other women?

While her heart was feeling bad, a nearby person suddenly supported her by the arm.

Ji Man faintly smiled and said, "Madam, let's go inside."

Qi Siling had originally wanted to support Wen Wan, but Nie Sangyu had stolen her position. But, she didn't care. The new woman was following etiquette and walking behind them. Qi Siling deliberately slowed her pace, so she could have the first opportunity to speak with Jinse.

"Madam, is there any need for you to feel so sad?" Ji Man saw that Wen Wan had only silently twitched her lips in response and was allowing her support her, so she quietly said, "The marquis missed you this entire trip. He's only acting this way because he wants you to be more obedient."