Chapter 184: Ancestor veneration ceremony

Ning Yuxuan didn't want to Qian Yingchen to marry Zhu Yurun. He had told Qian Yingchen to go to Zhu Residence to make it known what his stance on this position was in order to avoid losing face. But, this new outcome of Assistant Minister Zhu rejecting the offer was an even better one.

The Grand Tutor's granddaughter was naturally more suitable for Qian Yingchen than Zhu Yurun. Marquis Moyu had considered the matter, and Peng Clan's background would be more beneficial for Qian Yingchen to rise up in the ranks.

They were currently in a good period. The country didn't have any enemy countries that could rival it or have any powerful wicked court officials. It shouldn't be difficult to bring about a golden age. However, Zhao Li was obviously too inflexible for political affairs. He wasn't willing to compromise and was even worse at winning over the loyalty of the court officials.

Right now, he and Ning Yuxuan were people on the same boat. One person's success or failure meant the same for the other person. And so, Ning Yuxuan would naturally do his best to help maintain the stability of the nation.

Many people in the imperial court had given their allegiance to Zhao Li when he was only the second prince. Once he ascended the throne, these people felt content to rest on their laurels and spend their time seeking pleasure. As a result, it was difficult to find dependable people to take on important responsibilities. Grand Tutor Peng had been a chief figure through the reign of three emperors. With his help, he would naturally be able to manage the imperial court more securely.

It would soon be time for ancestor veneration ceremony, and Marquis Moyu was planning on using some heavenly phenomenon to convert the hearts of the common people. He would definitely need some important court officials to assist with this performance, and he had many great uses for Grand Tutor Peng.

As Ji Man watched his response, she thought about Grand Tutor Peng too. If she were him, she would also think that it was good for Qian Yingchen to not marry Zhu Yurun. However, when she thought of that wretched-looking smile, Ji Man couldn't help feeling a bit sorrowful.

What was the point of talking about feelings to a person in a high position? In the end, benefits were the most important thing.

However, this time Ning Yuxuan had neglected to think about the people below as he focused on the people above. Although Assistant Minister Zhu was only an assistant minister, he was still a fourth-ranked court official in the Ministry of Revenue. If he decided to become a turncoat, it was possible that a moment's negligence could destroy a dynasty.

Ji Man didn't say any additional words. When she turned around to leave while holding Haohao, Ning Yuxuan suddenly stretched his hand out and stopped her.

Marquis Moyu raised his head and looked at her as he asked, "Have you missed me during the past few days?"

Ji Man insincerely smiled. "I missed you so much."

There was a trace of disappointment in his eyes. Ning Yuxuan took his hand back, pursed his lips, and said, "Stop interfering in Zhu Yurun's matter. Just peacefully stay here to teach Haohao."

"En." Although her lips agreed, she didn't look at him. Ji Man held Haohao as she walked to her room. She kept him amused by asking, "Do you want teacher to teach you to how to paint with sugar? You can even eat your paintings after you're done."

(T/N: Sugar painting is done by drizzling hot, liquid sugar onto a flat surface to create two-dimensional outlines. Below are three pictures.)

)