Chapter 75: Who weaved this large trap?

Since ancient times, was there any residence that didn't have departing spirits that demanded vengeance for dying unjustly? Although there were plenty of hauntings that turned out fake, people always felt uneasy afterwards.

Mu Shuiqing had recently suffered a miscarriage, and now there was the sound of a baby crying in the middle of the night. Marquis Moyu brought Nie Sangyu to Feiyu Courtyard to look. But, when he pushed open the doors, the crying abruptly stopped.

The people in Jiyue Courtyard had been startled awake. In Qiangwei Courtyard, Wen Wan had just been about fall asleep, but the noise had frightened her into alertness. She was currently crying out of fear.

Other than Qian Lianxue, who wasn't feeling well, the women in the various courtyards hurriedly put on their outer robes and came to Marquis Moyu's study.

Standing at the very front of the group, Jinse asked in an exaggerated tone, "Did you hear the recent crying? Aiya, it was the sound of a baby crying. And, it was so wretched and mournful. It had to be cry of an innocent baby that died..."

With a stern face, Qi Siling berated, "Nonsense! What kind of place do you think this is? How dare you speak rubbish!"

Jinse cynically covered her stomach and said, "Older sister, you haven't been pregnant before, so you naturally can't hear the grievances in that baby's cries. Jinse's pitiful baby had died the same way as Mu Shuiqing's, that's how Jinse can tell that the baby is crying because it had died unjustly."

Wen Wan seemed as if she was about to topple over. She desperately grabbed Marquis Moyu's sleeve.

Ning Yuxuan quietly comforted her, then he looked at the group of people and said, "Ghosts are something that can only be created by people to torment others. If any of you still feel uneasy, I'll request for the sage monk to come over and do a purification ritual tomorrow. I'll also have judicial officers come by to investigate who's behind this fake ghost."

Everyone looked at each other and didn't say another word.

Marquis Moyu waved his hand and said, "All of you, go back to your courtyards and rest."

The group of women slowly dispersed, but Wen Wan still clutched Ning Yuxuan's sleeve. "Aren't you going to come with me? I'm scared."

Marquis Moyu gently kissed her forehead. "I'll send people to guard your courtyard. I have too many official documents to go through and won't be able to sleep tonight. Wan-er, be good."

Wen Wan aggrievedly glanced at him, then she looked at Nie Sangyu, who had her head silently lowered. She helplessly took a step outside and said, "Then, you have to come see me once you're done."

"Okay." Marquis Moyu nodded.

---

Jinse didn't look very scared as she walked at front of the group with Dingxiang following after her. She turned her head and saw that Wen Wan had also come outside. She pulled her head back slightly and said, "Mistress Wan, is the marquis not coming with you? That grievance is so heavy and it's definitely directed towards you, ah."

Wen Wan stopped walking, raised her chin, and said, "There's no use in trying to scare me. I had nothing to do with your baby or Mu Shuiqing's baby. No matter what, it's not my fault."

Mu Shuiqing had been stably standing before colliding into her as she got up to go to the bathroom. Someone must have pushed Mu Shuiqing. She hadn't done anything wrong. Tanxiang was the one that pushed Mu Shuiqing away. No matter what, she couldn't be blamed, right? After Wen Wan silently encouraged herself, she raised her foot and resumed walking.