Chapter 147: The best matchmaker

Errong laughed and said, "Why would I send someone to follow him? He also has his own work to do, just leave him be.

Pengyue puffed up her cheeks. She wanted to say more, but Nie Sangyu said, "It's getting late. Let's go to sleep."

With the three of them sleeping together on the large bed, it was quite warm and cozy. Pengyue felt much closer to these women. It was only that one woman seemed too stupid, and the other one seemed too clever. Still, Nie Sangyu's heart didn't seem to be in bad place.

---

The next day, Nie Qingyun still hadn't returned home yet, but Ning Mingjie had come over early in the morning to pick them up. In accordance to the imperial noble consort's order, Ning Mingjie had to act as a bodyguard for the remaining two days. After that, he would be leaving the capital with the army.

Ning Mingjie suggested, "How about visiting the market today?"

"Sure." Pengyue had slept well last night, so she had plenty of energy.

Ji Man was also doing okay. Errong was the only one that seemed listless. Her face was slightly pale as she said, "I'm staying home today. I'm not feeling well."

Ning Mingjie frowned. He looked at his younger sister and said, "How did you become so haggard?"

"It's nothing." Errong smiled and waved her hand at them. "Go on without me."

As Ji Man got into the carriage with the other two, she turned her head back. Supported by Baizhi, Errong had already disappeared behind the cinnabar doors.

---

The market was truly very lively. But, when Ji Man remembered that no one had cared when she didn't return to the marquis's estate last night either, she wasn't in the mood to have fun. What was Ning Yuxuan thinking? When there was an abrupt change in weather, there would a weather announcer to report it. He had changed faces faster than the flipping pages of a book. There should be a reason, right?

Ning Mingjie had them get off the carriage at an intersection. Pengyue was feeling excited just from seeing the bustling crowd. In her dull grey dress, she turned left, then right to look around.

---

By the time her hands were filled with little trinkets, Pengyue finally couldn't walk anymore. Ning Mingjie casually pointed at a place and said, "Let's go to that teahouse and sit for a bit.

Ji Man looked at that teahouse. It was a famous franchise in the capital. There were probably many high-ranking officials and members of noble families inside.

Pengyue made a sound of agreement and started heading towards there.

Last night, Ji Man had sent a letter to the third prince's side that provided an accounting of the overall situation. Ning Mingjie refused to marry the princess. Although his reason wasn't clear, they still had find another person to introduce to the princess, right?

Zhao Jue's answer was, as long as it wasn't someone from the first prince's side, anyone would be okay.

Then, there were plenty of people to choose from the imperial court. Many promising officials from the imperial court had already been gathered at Luoyan Pagoda. They were just waiting for Nie Sangyu to bring the princess over later and start off an enormous blind date spectacle.

However, contrary to her expectations, someone would be cutting her off from completing her plan.

As soon as she entered the teahouse, something felt off. This place was normally very lively with many guests, but it was very quiet today. There weren't many people in the main room, and the second floor was totally empty.