"Emily?" She asks gently.

"Yeah," I smile, calming down even more at her tone.

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry to call you in front of everyone, I know how embarrassing that is. Your previous school has just resent your reports over here on your principals' request and it turns out you are in some of the wrong classes." The lady who has a name tag reading Wilma says.

"Oh?" I ask curiously, scared that they will change me from bio because even though I was annoyed at Aiden, I genuinely enjoyed that class.

"Um so you are in our top Literature and calculus classes but not our AP systems, so I've moved you to AP calculus as well as AP Lit, Bio and Society and Culture will stay the same as they don't offer Advanced Placement in those subjects here, and I've also had to move you to AP history. Your reports were very impressive dear if I may say so myself, I had the opportunity to see them myself and Pearlacre High is lucky to have you." Wilma finishes.

I smile, the blush once again returning as I take my new schedule she is handing me. I had to admit I was an extreme overachiever and was surprised when I wasn't put in any AP classes, but I just assumed this school was filled with overachievers. I was excited to be in AP again, but also nervous in a sense. I would feel like I had to prove myself.

After saying my goodbyes to the sweet office lady, I check my new schedule and see I have AP calculus and then AP history, I must have Lit tomorrow. I make my way to calculus and nock on the door politely.

An old man who looks like not a lot of fun opens the door, giving me a frustrated look and waiting expectantly for me to reveal why I was there.

"Um hi sir, i've been put in this class. My name is Emily Collins." I introduce nervously.

"Uh I've been expecting you, I expect great things from you, Miss Collins. Please enter the classroom and take a seat," the teacher replies, before he walks into the room and goes back to explaining something in a strangely angry tone.

The room was set up in tables for 2 spread around the classroom. Charlie and Luke sit beside each other and give me excited looks when they see me, I smile back discreetly but then notice 3 spare spots. 1 beside a girl right at the front who is writing down in her notebook erratically with her bag on the spot beside her, one beside a guy who is smirking at me, one of Luke's teammates apparently by the varsity jacket he wears, and then one next to a smirking Aiden.

Wait Aiden?!

He can't be put in advanced placement, he's the bad boy. He doesn't get to be that attractive, that popular, and smart as well. That is not fair!!

"Miss Collins, is you will sit please," The teacher demands, the angry tone evident in his voice.

I look at the girl at the front who is still writing like Damon Salvatores life depended on it with her bag still on the seat, I guess not there. I then look at the smirking guy who looks me up and down, not even attempting to hide it, I guess not there either. I inwardly groan and go sit beside a smirking Aiden. If I wasn't mad at him, the spot beside him would be my first option but I was mad at him.

I look at him, pursing my lips, making it obvious I wasn't happy to sit there and instead of saying anything, he throws his hands up in the surrender position, the smirk still adorning his devilishly handsome, and undeserving face. I know he means the gesture as a peacekeeping, letting me know he won't talk to me and I'm not sure if the thought makes me happy or sad.

I sit down and open my notebook before I start jotting down all the notes that the still-unnamed teacher talks about.

***