O N E

O N E
Cardiff City, United Kingdom, 31st January 2020

HUMMING A TUNE, a young blonde haired woman smiles at the people she walks by them

HUMMING A TUNE, a young blonde haired woman smiles at the people she walks by them. Her piercing blue eyes shine as the sun shines down on her.

The girl rushes up the steps towards her house, and takes out her keys from her handbag. She unlocks the door and smiles when she greets her neighbour leaving their house.

Bending down to the floor, she picks up the letters that must have been posted through her door. Muttering to herself, she shuts the door with her foot. Throwing the letters down the counter, she leans over to put the kettle on.

Smiling to herself, she grabs her Doctor Who cup and makes herself a cup of coffee. Biting her nails, the young woman waits impatiently for the kettle to boil. As she pours the hot water into her cup, her phone rings. Quickly answering it, she places it on loudspeaker.

"Hello, Lucie." Her coworkers voice echoes through the room.

"Hey, Harry." The young woman greets. "What's up?" She takes a sip of her coffee.

"I needed to ask you for a favour." Harry replies.

"What?" Lucie asks with a sigh.

"Would you be able to cover on Sunday?" Harry questions her.

"I can't. I'm going up to my moms." Lucie sighs.

"Please, Loo." Harry pleads.

She sighs, "No, Harry. Get Daniel or Beth to do it." Lucie hangs up the phone.

Walking into her living room, she places her cup on the coffee table. She switches on her tv and cuddles into the pillows on her sofa. Her smile widens as she sees that Doctor Who is open on Netflix. As she got into the episode her phone goes off once again. Sighing, she picks it up.

"Hey, sweetheart. You still want to coming up." The voice of her mother speaks.

"Yeah but I might be a bit late. I got a phone call. They want me to work." Lucie sighs.

"Don't go." Her mom instructs. "Just come up it doesn't matter." Her mother speaks.

"I'm coming up anyways. I'm Lucie Johnston and I don't do as I'm told." Lucie speaks into the phone. "Night. Love you." The young woman placed her phone on the night stand beside her.

Letting out a sigh of satisfaction, the young woman turned off her lamp and rolls onto her side. She closes her eyes and falls asleep.