S E V E N T E E N

S E V E N T E E N
LONDON, 1941

WIND SHUFFLES THE RUBBISH into corners of the alleyway, as planes fly above a young brown haired woman who comes across an unconscious young woman

She rushes towards the young woman laying on the floor. She checks over the blonde's wrist for something. As soon as she doesn't find what she's looks for her hands search for pulse.

Letting out a sigh of relief, she backs away slowly as soon as there is movement from the young woman. "Miss, are you ok?" Lucie hears as she comes to.

Slowly, she opens her eyes and notices a young woman, with two braids in her hair, kneeling next to her. Nodding her head carefully as the young woman helps her to sit up.

"You've took quite a knock to the head from what I can see." The woman says she takes a closer look at the open wound on Lucie's forehead. "Come on. Up you get. You can follow me." The woman says standing up.

Lucie gets up and follows the young woman through the foul-smelling alleyway. The young woman takes a hold of Lucie's hand and pulls her into a bush where they hide.

The next thing Lucie knows a loud siren echoes throughout the air causing her to jump a little.

The brown haired woman takes a hold of Lucie's hand and pushes her down as they hear a couple and their kid walk towards a metal looking shell.

Shit. Lucie thinks to herself. I'm stuck in the blitz and I don't know where the doctor is. Oh no, I'm stuck in the episode with that creepy 'are you my mummy' kid.

As soon as they hear the door to the metal shell close, Nancy creeps out from behind the shelter with Lucie behind her and into the back door of the house, unaware that they are being watched.

As they enter the kitchen they notice that there is an unfinished meal on the table. Looking around, Nancy pulls out her bag and opens a cupboard. She begins to take some tins out.

"You don't have to help you know." The woman tells Lucie as she helps look for some food.

"It's ok." Lucie responds with a smile.

"May I ask, what is your name?" The young woman asks Lucie.

"Lucie. What's your name?" Lucie responds as she looks inside a cupboard.

"Nancy." The woman smiles. "I don't think that you'll need stitches for that cut on your head. I think you just need a bandaid on it." Nancy states.

"I'll go and look in the bathroom for a first aid kit." Lucie responds as she passes some of the tins she found over to Nancy.

Lucie rushes up the stairs and looks in each room until she found the bathroom. Rummaging through the cupboard and found some bandaids. Taking a couple out and she carefully places them on her forehead.