T W E N T Y T W O

T W E N T Y T W O

THE DOCTOR AND LUCIE MEET UP WITH MARTHA

THE DOCTOR AND LUCIE MEET UP WITH MARTHA. "I've restored the back-up." The Doctor says.

"I found her." Martha states.

"You what?" The Doctor says as he sees the Slabs. "Run!" He says as he takes Martha and Lucie's hand and they run.

They run down the stairs, followed by the Slabs. Then they meet the Judoon coming up, and dodge out a doorway on the fourth floor.

They run, Slabs hot on their tails, skidding around corners and then into the radiology room. The Doctor closes and locks the door in the face of a Slab.

"When I say now, press the button." He instructs Martha as Lucie sits down on the floor.

"I don't know which one." Martha exclaims.

"Find out!" The Doctor orders her

Lucie watches as he uses his sonic screwdriver on some of the machinery. Martha goes for the Operator's Manual.

The Slab breaks down the door. "Now!" The Doctor instructs, he zaps the Slab with radiation, his skeleton visible. The Slab falls inert.

"What did you do?" Martha asks as she helps Lucie stand up.

"Increased the radiation by five thousand per cent. Killed him dead." The Doctor informs them.

"Isn't that likely to kill you?" Martha asks.

"Nah, it's only radiation. We used to play with roentgen bricks in the nursery. It's safe for you to come out, I've absorbed it all. All I need to do is expel it." He starts bouncing and hopping. "If I concentrate I can shake the radiation out of my body and into one spot. It's in my left shoe. Here we go, here we go, easy does it... Out, out, out, out, out. Out, out, ah, ah, ah, ah. It is, it is, it is, it is, it is hot. Ah, hold on. Done." He says after throwing his shoe into the dustbin.

"You're completely mad." Martha says bemused.

"Right. I look daft with one shoe." He removes. and discards the other one. "Barefoot on the moon!" He says.
"So what is that thing? And where's it from? The planet Zovirax?" Martha asks as she goes to the Slab.

"It's just a Slab. They're called Slabs. Basic slave drones, see? Solid leather, all the way through. Someone has got one hell of a fetish." The Doctor informs them.

"It came with that woman, Mrs. Finnegan. It was working for her. Just like a servant." Martha says.

The Doctor takes what remains of his sonic screwdriver out of the x-ray machine. "My sonic screwdriver." He mutters.

"She was one of the patients, but..." Martha states.

"My sonic screwdriver!" The Doctor groans.

"She had a straw like some kind of vampire." Martha says.