Chapter 3: Summer Feelings?

It was finally summer! No more work, no more homework, no more teachers, no more annoying students, and no more waking up early. Camari was ecstatic in the first week of summer vacation. But as time went she got bored. She missed Harley, Gee, Ray, Shayna, and Jamie. Camari remembered their socials except for Ray's and Shayna's. But it didn't really matter at least she got to text most of the crackheads.
      After a few days Camari remembered her birthday was coming up in July. Her and her family went to the same place every year, Cunningham Park. It was so much fun each year. Camari couldn't wait. Her little brother Kamani asked her "Are we going to Cunningham Park again for your birthday?", "Yup!" She responded. Her birthday came along. But she didn't go to Cunningham Park, instead she went to her cousin, Kris' house. It wasn't that bad. Her aunt made phenomenal food. They listened to music, they ate, they just had a great time. Afterwards, Camari and her brother went home the next day.
      Camari started to text Harley. They had talked about how their summer was going and how much they missed each other. Then they just started sending each other memes on Instagram. Later on Camari decided to text Jamie on Snapchat. While they were talking Camari couldn't help but smile whenever Jamie responded or was typing. She didn't notice she was doing it until her face started to hurt from smiling so much. Camari felt butterflies in her stomach. But she soon realized what was going on. Then she started to reply dry to Jamie saying things like: "ok, lol, wow" and Camari thought Jamie had notice because she was taking longer to respond and she was also starting to text dry. Sooner or later they had ended the conversation. Camari couldn't stop thinking about Jamie that night. She didn't want to think about Jamie.
" Jamie is my friend, and only my friend nothing else! "
Those words repeated over and over again. Until Camari had finally fell asleep.

  As August rolled around, Camari started remembering Jamie's birthday. Camari couldn't really do anything for her but tell her 'happy birthday'  but Camari thought it was fine honestly. So when it was Jamie's birthday, Camari sent a small paragraph telling her happy birthday day.

                                        School is in a few days