CHAPTER 26

Loukas Spiridakou's POV

It's been two weeks since we were back here in Athens. I have tons of things to do right now but all I could this was the blonde American heiress who kept me awake every night—not that I am complaining.

A small smile fitted my lips as I sat back from my office chair and remember last night's event in bed. What a wildcat that she was, the public thought that she's as cold as her name but I am the only one who knew the fire hidden beneath. I am the only one who could light her eyes with desire and affection.

I picked up my mobile on my table and message her via text: Busy?

Yes. Why? A moment later I got a reply from her.

I miss you already. Can I come down to see you?

Aren't you busy today? Quit slacking and work.

I sent an emoji of a sad face. She countered it with an annoyed emoji. I nearly laughed at loud imagining her face right now one thing she hates the most was being disturbed with her work. She's known for being a workaholic after all.

I was about to distract her more from her work when I light knock sounded from my doorway. The smile on my face instantly vanished. "Cassie."

"I never see that quite smile on your face before, Loukas." She remarked, closing the door behind her as she walk further inside my office.

I stood in my chair and lock my mobile phone. "I didn't notice you standing there."

"It's okay. I was about to surprise you but I am the one who got surprised seeing you this happy while texting someone." Cassie said, taking the chair across my table. "It's not so hard to guess who might be chatting with you now."

I slowly sat back on my chair. I don't have to feel guilty about it since I think I made it clear from the past that I don't wish to marry again—if it's not the same woman I married two years ago. I shifted on my position and stared at her straight. "Look, Cassie..."

She smiled kindly but I saw sadness in her eyes. "I already heard rumors about you and the American heiress, Loukas."

"What rumors?"

Cassie eyed me guardedly. "That she's your American ex-wife that you accompany her in New York two weeks ago and she's currently living in your house again."

I exhaled a deep breath and decide to set the facts straight for her. I knew her feelings for me but I don't want her to keep hoping when there's no chance for us. "Those are not rumors, Cassie. I am so sorry if I didn't tell you the first time you met her that she's my ex-wife. I just play along with her that time since she doesn't want everyone to know or remember her as my ex-wife. She wants to act as if we didn't know each other."

"So what happened then?" She asked curiously. "What makes things go this way?"

I gave a self-mocking smile, thinking about those first few days she's back in Greece. "As I thought I couldn't live without her in my life. Two years of separation is more than enough punishment for me I think."

She gave me a sad smile while looking at me. "I don't know why I am asking you this kind of question it makes me hurt even more than already is."

"I'm so sorry, Cassie."

"You don't need to be sorry." She said unhappily, shaking her dark head. "It's not your fault that I have loved you from the moment I met you when I saw you in my father's office two years ago."

I took a deep breath this conversation doesn't go well as I expected. "I know you will find a man that you will love you truly someday and I know I am not that man."