CHAPTER 7

Loukas Spiridakou's POV

I drank the whiskey in one swig savoring the bitter taste in my mouth as I took a reality check. I glanced at the glass window of my bedroom and stared at the city lights outside. Damn it, I told myself irritably. Since our separation, I tried very hard not to think about Sapphire St. Clair anymore burying myself with a mountain of work.

I worked eighteen hours a day to forget her and the pain she'd cause me when she left. I worked nonstop until I was so tired to think about her when I hit the bed to sleep missing her.

I tried my very best not to think about what kind of life she lived after our divorce. Was she also focused on helping her grandfather run his business trying to forget our disastrous marriage like me? But now seeing her with another man who seems to know her well made me rethink my evaluation.

I took another shot of the honey-colored liquid. I winced when the burning feeling of the liquor slid down to my throat. Based on my observation during our lunch, this guy has a thing for her but the real question does she feel the same for him?

If yes, I don't trust myself on what would I do if that's the case? As far as I am concerned Sapphire is mine. I would not let anyone have her. I would have her back in my bed before this guy could make a move on her.

I sighed deeply, staring at the night view before me. I just hope that the hickey I gave her would be enough, for now, to stop any advances from that lawyer.

A distinctive ringing tone sounded in my silent bedroom. I went to the bedside table to look at the screen of my smartphone. I frowned slightly when I saw my cousin's name on the caller id. What does she want from me?

I slid my finger on the screen to answer the phone call. "Dionne."

"When are you going to tell me?"

I glowered when I heard her accusing tone on the other line. "I don't have any idea what are you talking about. Why don't you enlighten me?"

"Sapphire." She said tartly. I tried not to wince when I heard the name. "When are you going to tell me that she's back in Greece, Loukas? Or you don't have any plans on telling me altogether?"

"Why do you care if she's back?"

I heard my cousin huff a heavy breath. "Well, for one thing, she's my best friend. And secondly, she's your ex-wife, that's why. Are you guys back together?"

I paced inside my bedroom like a caged lion. I placed my free hand on the pocket of my trousers. "Aren't you supposed to be busy with your wedding preparations? Why are you snooping with other people's business? And for the record, she's here for their business and we aren't back together." Yet

"Don't you think if you loosen up that autocratic humor of yours there's a high chance that you can win her back?"

I rolled my eyes dryly. "Look who's talking? Did you just call me to insult me, Dionne? If yes, then I better hang up this phone call. I have better things to do than listen to your insult."

"I didn't call you just to insult you." She said irritably. "I just want to ask about Sapphire's mobile number."

I paused for a moment. "What makes you think that I have her number?"

"Come on now, Loukas. This is me your cousin you are talking to. We've known each other forever I know like I know the back of my hand that you have her number."

I exhaled deeply. I was aware of her deep friendship with my ex-wife. From the moment I was still dating Sapphire, they hit off instantly when I made the introduction. "Assuming I have her number what do you want from her?"