CHAPTER 19

Loukas Spiridakou's POV

I stared at her with challenging eyes. I really didn't expect her to get jealous of Yelena an acquaintance of the family for years now. I think I should gave my thanks to her for making my Sapphire jealous for once.

Usually, I would get annoyed by the clingy personality of Yelena but not tonight she just help me immensely by making Sapphire jealous. I was about to enjoy this party when the newcomers came in that change my mood instantly.

Right now, she wants to come and greet Nikos Pallis and his wife who just arrive at the party. If didn't know better I would assume that she wants to turn the table and make me jealous about this man. There was no way in hell I would let her near that man even if that man in question already have a wife of his own.

Sapphire rolled her green eyes on me. "You are being unreasonable, Loukas."

"Unreasonable?" I repeated.

She nodded while there was a small smile playing on her lips like a woman who suddenly realize that she still have the upper hand at this party—not I would give her that satisfaction. "I don't understand your instant disliking to the man but he is our client and I should be friendly with him. Besides, he is a nice man."

"I don't trust him," I informed her honestly. Right now, I tried very hard not to grit my teeth together while talking to my wife.

Her eyes widened considerably in my direction still playing coy about my annoyance with the man in question. "Well, aren't you being judgmental about him? He is a pleasant and accommodating man. "

"Because he wants something from you," I said a little passionately making her smile like a little feline from hell.

"Of course," the maddening woman had answered, raising an eyebrow as if my observation was laughable. "He wants something from me—actually, he wants something for our company. He wants custom-made jewelry for his wife for their 1st wedding anniversary."

Her words cut deep in my chest for a moment my heart constricted with pain. This man will celebrate his 1st wedding anniversary with his wife when I was deprived of that chance with this woman. He was a lucky bastard to have given such a chance when it was denied to me.

How the hell did he manage to keep their marriage alive when I failed to do so in my own marriage? What does he have that I don't stay happily married to his wife? From what I could see he was also a very busy man running his own company how can he balance his work and family time?

"Loukas...?" I heard Sapphire inquired coolly. "...are you all right?"

Forcing myself to focus on the present. I directed my gaze to this woman beside me. There was no time to look back at the past now what's important is what we have right now. Really, I don't need to be insecure to this man who seems to balance everything with ease. "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go over there I want you to introduce me to the people I knew."

"Too late for that," she answered, looking at the couple who just arrived. "Mr. Pallis already sees me. In fact, they are now making their way here now be a good date, and don't be an ass, will you?"

I bit back the cuss that wanted to escape my mouth. So much for my luck tonight now I need to make small talks with this man. I followed Sapphire's gaze and saw that the man in question was heading towards us with his wife in tow.

"Good evening, Ms. St. Clair." The man greeted with a smile on his face, his blue eyes glinted with delight. "It's good to see you again. May I introduce my wife, Laila. Agape mou, this is Sapphire St. Clair and her date."