Day 25: Gazing Into Eachothers' Eyes

Yellow

      A soft, delightful dandelion shade of yellow, as bright as sunshine and as embracing as a flame in a fireplace. A beautiful and tranquil color, perfect for the magic dedicated to the lights in his boyfriend’s eyes. And although he loved every color known in the rainbow and could never pick just one to be his favorite, this special color whenever it had presented in Pale’s eyes and radiated in his cheeks left Template completely weak.

     They were both lying in bed, a blanket cover over two-thirds of the couple in the prodigious act of pressing their warm bodies together and with their legs tangled together playing footies. A hand cupped the blue blushing cheek of Template as his soul thumped against his ribcage and ghosting its beats into Pale’s. Template smiled down at the two golden gems almost sparkling in whenever light shines from inside them, the precious stones looking back to the two oval yet mismatch lights staring back. They couldn’t resist smiling at one another, pressing their forehead against each other. Their gaze was never broken.

     “Template.” His hand reached up to his stained cheek, grazing his fingers against his face and tickling it like a soft and precious feather of a dove. Otherwise, his gaze was still focused and unfazed. “I am so happy with you… I don’t mean that I am that way because of what I’m feeling. I mean, I love you, so so much.” Template grinned a little more, hearing one of those words coming from Pale’s lips made him so happy, and hearing those strung together into a sentence just for him was music to his ears.

     “I know, I love you too, Pale.”

     “No, I mean I love you,” Pale repeated, becoming serious however he was still smiling at Template with a soft and tender look in his eyes. “I love you so much, I can not imagine a life where you aren’t here with me. We have dated for so long, we lived in this home and slept in the same bed for years, we have a beautiful daughter who is now all grown up and living a just as beautiful life because of how we raised her. I love you so much, too much to be a boyfriend.” The smile wiped from Template’s face, looking at Pale with his mouth slightly agape in surprise.

     “Pale…” he breathed out, sensing his soul sinking in the pit of his stomach in an oddly, immeasurably exceptional way. Pale grabbed the hand cupping his cheek, surrounding that hand with his own. Their gaze was never broken.

     “Template, I mean it! The struggles we’ve been through, the problems we’ve overcome, the memories we’ve made, I’ve grown so attached, but I need a solid bond. I need to know that we are bound, that there is a sincere promise that we are there no matter what. I promise to be there when you are well, when you are sick, in rich and wealth, in life and death. And with every day that passes, I swear to you I will always be by your side!” Template cupped his free hand over his mouth, his eyes beginning to well up and tears soon pricked the corner of his eyes. The round magic lights wavering inside of his sockets as they looked back at the more stable yellow ones with tears accumulating in his as well. Their gaze was never broken.

      “You… You can’t be serious!” Template failed to hide his sniveling, already nearing to become an emotional mess. “Are you proposing to me?!” Tears finally ran down his face as he uncovered his mouth, a huge smile spreading out so wide it hurt. He didn’t care though, as he only let it pushed its limits as Pale bobbed his head.

     “Please…” Pale lifted Template’s hand as he looked up at him with a pleading look. “Could you please promise me y-” Template cut Pale off, pulling him into a spontaneous kiss. Pale was astonished but more than happily gave in and kissed him back, his arms wrapping themselves around Template and clinging onto him like if he were to disappear if he couldn’t keep him near and feel the increasing soul-beats echo into his chest cavity. By now they both had tears running down their faces, the only thing shedding some of those happy little droplets was Template’s gloves caressing Pale’s cheeks. They both pulled away, both smiling, both crying, and both oh so happy.

     “So?” Template nodded his head, wiping some of his own tears from behind his glasses.

     “Yes,” he answered, his voice finally having had calmed down from being an impassioned wreck regardless of the tears still streaming and with his smile still beaming. “I promise.” Pale’s golden lights gleamed with pure and unaltered delight, pulling Template into an embrace with Template’s arms enveloped themselves around Pale in return.

      Their gaze may have been broken now, but now they were both bound closer together than ever before.