Clark Kent

I rubbed my eyes waking up and I looked in the mirror at my dresser. My eyes were all swollen up and red. Happy birthday Ariel.

I got up looking at my closet. It doesn't even matter what I wear anymore. I took out a plain white teashirt with black jeans. And I saw Brett's denim jacket.

I walked to my dresser sitting down on the seat. I looked at the locket I was still wearing and I placed my hand over it.

"Brett, if you can hear. I swear to you, I'm gonna love you my entire life." I whispered and I heard someone knocking on my door.

"Hey, Your mom let me in. I just wanted to make sure you were okay, which is dumb since you obviously aren't. I don't even know why I'm here, I just needed someone to talk to." Liam said and I nodded.

I walked up to him giving him a small hug. "Hate to break the moment, but Ariel, you don't have to go school." I heard Lydia and I shook my head.

"He told me to live my life." I told them and they nodded. "You mind if you drive?" Liam asked and I shrugged.

I walked outside and I got in the car. "You mind if we make a quick stop to Devenford?" I asked and Liam nodded.

I started up the car and I drove to Devenford prep. I parked my car and I was about to step out the car until Liam placed his hand on top of mine.

"I can come with you if you want?" Liam suggested and I shook my head  "I think we all know Devenford gates you."

I placed his spear jersey and his helmet outside his locker and I sighed. "For Brett."

"And Lori."

"You sure your ready to go in there?" I asked and Liam nodded. "Let them stare Liam. They'll be staring at the guy who saves there asses." I told him and he managed to laugh.

"How are you managing to hold up?" Liam asked and I shrugged. "Im asking myself the same thing buddy."

We walked in the halls and no one seemed to say anything. Mason walked up to us and I couldn't even smile.

"Okay not bad so far. This might be easier than we thought." Mason said and I nodded.

We turned to the corridor and all we got was stares. We walked ahead to our lockers and Mason pulled me in a hug not saying anything.

I pulled away looking back at Liam. "Just block it out." Mason advised.

"They know." Liam said. "Just rumors. They don't know anything." Mason told him.

"They know everything." Corey said walking up to us. "Hey I was there to, screaming like a banshee." I mumbled.

"Yeah, but you were screaming for your loss." Corey said and I nodded agreeing. "Anyway, two sophomore on the lacrosse team were there last night." Corey informed.

"Yeah but it was late, it was pitch black out and there was fog on the road." Mason tried covering it up.

"It was a clear night. Full moon, and a well lit intersection." Corey, are you trying to make me kill you?

"I have to get out of here." Liam muttered. "No, if you leave, these rumors will never stop. You just gotta convince them your a regular kid." Mason convinced and I sighed leaning on the locker.

"I'm not a regular kid."

"Remember what Scott said. Be Clark Kent." Mason reminded. "Clark Kent turns into a guys with a red and blue outfit.  I turn into a monster with fangs and claws." Liam understated and I sighed.