Uptown Girl

Walking in the marble Dalton halls you can hear my boots clicking even over Blaine's excited rambling about his friends. I don't really pay attention until we both hear harmonizing and he grabs my hand dragging me towards what looks similar to what we had as a common room back in Paris.
We run to the door and lean against it as we see three guys dancing Blaine leans over and whispers in my ear "That's Nick singing with Jeff and Wes"

Oh, oh, uptown girl,
She's been living in her uptown world
I bet she never had a backstreet guy
I bet her momma never told her why

I look around the room as they dance and see a pair of familiar green eyes sitting on a couch. It can be him! Right? There was no way we both ended up in small Lima Ohio.
I think he sees me but really it's Blaine next to me which I realize when I follow his stare and let out a sigh of relief. He stands up and I see Blaine staring back at him.

I'm gonna try for an uptown girl
She's been living in her white bred world
As long as anyone with hot blood can
And now she's looking for a downtown man
That's what I am

I feel a pang of jealousy and also the need to remind him of my brother at the same time. They all start to go into formation after Nick rounds the couch.

And when she knows what
She wants from her time
And when she wakes up
And makes up her mind

Until HE starts singing to Blaine walking towards us. He still doesn't recognize me, thankfully and most likely because of my blonde hair.

She'll see I'm not so tough
Just because
I'm in love with an uptown girl
You know I've seen her in her uptown world
She's getting tired of her high-class toys
And all her presents from her uptown boys
She's got a choice

He pulls Blaine into the group smiling and laughing god I missed that laugh, and start dancing all together until I make the choice to try and sneak away Nick hears the click of my shoes and sees me still by the door. He turns and makes a signal walking towards me for the other Warblers if I remember from Blaine telling me to follow. And I shake my head to no end, but do they listen? No!

Oh, oh
Uptown girl
You know I can't afford to buy her pearls
But maybe someday when my ship comes in
She'll understand what kind of guy I've been
And then I'll win

I back up into the hall as Nick continues to sing
I try to turn and leave but the Warblers form a line against the wall and Nick cuts me off from the front.

And when she's walking
She's looking so fine

As I continue to walk back I'm almost to the main hall entrance and go to make a break for it laughing at this ridiculousness as Nick steps to my side. I turn and find Him right behind me.

And when she's talking
She'll say that she's mine

I stop dead as they circle me. I look down at the ground to avoid meeting his eyes until he puts a hand on my shoulder and I look up. I search his eyes for any recollection of who I am. And there is not a single thing there.

She'll say I'm not so tough
Just because
I'm in love
With an uptown girl
She's been living in her white bred world
As long as anyone with hot blood can
And now she's looking for a downtown man
That's what I am