Chapter 22 ~ Getting Down to Business

Start from the beginning

"I know but since I can't touch them or him, I worry."

"Do you need me to come over?"

"No I'll be okay, thanks though."

"Drink some warm milk and get some rest. Maybe a hot bath will do you some good."

"Okay, thanks," I said hanging up. Jacob walked in with a hot mug of tea. He reached it over to me and I took a sip. Jacob's phone went off and he answered it.

"I need to take this," he said kissing me on top of my head walking out the bedroom. I got up and ran some bath water.

I looked in the mirror with puffy red eyes and my skin looked pale. I brushed my hair back with my fingertips inspecting my appearance. Dapping my face with cool water I was hoping I could wish all the bad memories away.

I heard the bath water being turned off as I must have dazed off for a moment. I looked through the mirror and saw Jacob. He was shirtless with black pajama shorts on. Since the girls were at Lilly's for the night, Jacob and I cooked dinner together and watched a movie. We laid up on the sofa enjoying being together and had gone to bed a little later.

He leaned against the wall and looked back at me with his arms folded. I in turn looked back at him gripping the counter.

"It doesn't matter what you look like, you're still the most beautiful woman I know Cad."

He came up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist molding his body against mine. Resting his chin on my shoulder, I leaned my cheek against his. I felt so safe in his arms as we just stood there relaxing in the moment. It didn't matter how much I questioned myself, I was unequivocally in love with Jacob Moore.

"I wonder if the dreams will ever go away. They are draining me of not only energy but a piece of me seems like it dies every time, why can't I make them go away?

"I wish I had the answer sweetheart?" he said slowly rocking me. Just to have him this close helped me to relax. I wanted to start crying again, the nightmare began to play over and over in my head. Evan and I get shot, there are three coffins and Jacob comes to get me as I watch the three coffins get buried in the ground. The pain in my abdomen still hurts every time I think about Yaz putting that bullet in me. I hated her so much for what she had done to me.

I looked back at our reflection in the mirror with his hands around my waist while tears rolled down my eyes. The indescribable feeling I get when I'm with him was starting to flicker. I needed him so bad to help take the tainted thoughts away so I took his hand and raised it up from my stomach to my breasts. He caught on quickly and I turned to face him.

I looked into his eyes as he wiped my tears away. He slowly brought his lips to mine not realizing I needed this more than anything. I leaned into his touch. Kissing me along my neck and collarbone, my gown fell from my shoulders. I ease out and he lifted me on to the counter. My hands touched the sides of his face enjoying the pleasure.

It didn't take long before we were in the tub and I slid down on his solid rock-hard muscle. Grabbing onto the sides of the tub our bodies rocked against one another. The electric sensations only insinuated that I needed him. I just wanted to forget. I wanted to live in the moment.

Raising up capturing one of my breast, I lost it as he pulled and the sensation went straight to my core. I couldn't stop it even if I wanted too.

"Ah Jac...ob..."

He kissed me on the side of my mouth as I moaned out my pleasure. His breathing slowed and I felt his release. The warm water mixed with his release had me bucking and he wrapped his arms around me.