Chapter 10 ~ Missing Pieces

Jacob

Damn it! I yelled in my head over and over again. Why couldn't she see what was right in front of her? Three long fucking years I've waited and the one time that she admitted she loves me and I ask her to be mine she can't do it. Saying it and doing it were two different things.

She did admit that she was still holding on to something with Evan but looking at that article and talking to him on the phone proved that he hadn't changed. He was such a loser! Besides having children with Cad why did he even want to stick around?

I pondered over this as I jumped on the interstate. Ah my answer came quickly. He didn't want Cad but he didn't want to see her with no one else and especially me. He was probably miserable and wanted to see her miserable too. I know he has to know that she is in a different place that she won't let anybody in. Cad can be truly stubborn and now she was taking it to a whole new level.

I can see it in her eyes. She did confess earlier that she hadn't been with anybody since the divorce. She was sexually frustrated and from experience I know it could be miserable. Hell I live through it everyday. I jack off so much my hand hurts.

It was something about Cad that made me a fool. Didn't matter how many times she knocked me down I got back up and started again. Guess what, this time wasn't any different I still loved her and it was no way to turn off the feelings I had for her. I would give it a few days and then I would be back. My ego was bruised not broken.

I heard a ding and realized I needed gas so I pulled over to the nearest gas station. I reached for my wallet and grabbed my credit card. I got out and started to pump my gas. I wasn't paying attention when a convertible Volkswagen pulled up on the side of me. I looked down at my watch and heard someone call my name.

"Jakey is that you?"

I looked up to see a face I hadn't seen in years.

"Natalie?"

"The one and only baby." She walked up to me and gave me a hug. Her scent was still the same and her body...well was a little thicker but it made her look sexier.

Natalie was a dungeon playmate as Garrett and I use to call her. She was a tall light-skinned black woman with legs for days. She was one of our favorites as she had a very deep throat and knew how to work her body.

She was wearing a sexy red dress that left your imagination boggled. She had dyed her hair almost blonde but it accompanied her appearance. Her smooth light brown skin could have many thinking she was white but she was still a shade darker than Cad.

"So you're not married yet?" She asked eyeing my finger.

"Nope not yet."

"I'm surprised. I figured that Garrett would still be the single one and you would be the one married with a family."

"Nope. Still single."

"Where is Garrett?"

"I have no idea. I'm sure he's around somewhere."

"Well can I tell you something?"

"Of course."

"I still think about you and Garrett. Although I have to admit you were my favorite."

I chuckled. "I was your favorite?"

"Yes," she said giggling and smiling.

"You have no idea the power you have over a woman do you?"

"There is no power Nat. I'm just Jacob."

She looked me in the eyes. "You are so blind that you don't even see what's in front of your face."