part 3: determination

Start from the beginning

She just glares at him. Manik was happy that he successfully diverted her mind. They started talking about random things. After an hour or so Manik decided to take a leave. He then bid a bye from all the members.

Nani- beta you should come more often. Because of you we got to see our Khushi bitiYa's smiling face after so many days. By the way do you live in delhi?

Manik- No actually I live in Mumbai. I came here for some work purpose.

Nani- Toh aap yahan rahte kahaan pe hai?  (So where do you live here?)

Manik-  I am staying in hotel naniji.

Nani- Why hotel? You can stay here.

Anjali and mami also insisted.

Manik- No naniji. My office will be far from here. And you know Delhi's traffic. I will come and meet you guys I promise.

He bid bye to everyone. Then he came near Khushi and said,"Ami jani tui onek strong ar sob kichu samle nibi. Kintu khushi kumari gupta hote giye tor nijer porichoy hariye felish na. (I know that you are strong and you will handle everything . But don’t forget your own identity while trying to be khushi kumari gupta.)"

Khushi smiled knowing he said in Bengali so that no one gets what they said. They used to do it in college so that no one gets what they are talking. She just nodded her head. She needs to be strong. She Won't bow down before Arnav Singh Raizada. Not anymore.

End of the flashback

She was detemined to be strong. She wont forgive Arnav this time.
......................................................

The next day

Arnav slumber broke because of the sound of his ringtone. He groaned in frustration. Already he couldn’t sleep last night becouse of his argument with Khushi and now this phone. He took the phone and saw that Aman had called him. He quickly picked up the call. Even before he could speak anything the person on the otherside started," Hello ASR. You really need to come to the office. I know you returned from London yesterday but it is important. And we need to meet."

Arnav knew it was about Khushi and his jijaji. So he didnt talk further. He just said that he will be there within an hour. He got up from the bed, got ready and came downstairs and went towards the dining space knowing his family would be there.

Anjali saw him coming wearing his formal clothes." What is this chhote you came yesterday only and now you are going to the office. I thought you are going to spend some time with us today. "

Arnav-" Di its important otherwise I wouldn’t go today."

Anjali-" You and your work. Did you ever said that di today there is no important work so I wont go to the office.( suddenly Khushi came there to give Anjali juice. Seeing her Anjali again started) Atleast if not for us you could have stayed for Khushiji. You know Khushiji was missing you so much that she even made jaledis of your name."

Khushi's eyes formed two perfect o's hearing Anjali. She was about to run away when she heard Arnav.

Arnav- "Don’t worry di. Next time I wont give her a chance to miss me. I will take her with me you know honeymoon. "

This time her mouth gave company to her eyes forming 3 o's. " What happened to this laad governor. Yesterday I talked so rudely with him an here he is talking about honeymoon", Khushi said in her mind. "Iss laad governor ko samajhna teri bas ki baat nahi hai. (Understanding this laad governor is not your cup of tea.)"

" Maybe you have never tried", whispered Arnav coming near her. He took a bread from the table and took a bite.

Khushi was shocked." How did he know what I am thinking?"

"Maybe you think too loud", Arnav said while smirking. " I will come back soon. Then we will have lunch togather. And you can not deny to sit beside me today, I will make sure of that."

Arnav went from there while khushi stood there immobile. "What happened to him"

......................................................

In the office

Arnav entered into his cabin and called Aman. Aman rushed to him.

Aman- ASR your brother in law and Khushiji....  I mean khushi bhabi and your jijaji.... I mean

Arnav- Speak up damn it. Stop stuttering.

Aman- Khushiji knew your brother in law before. He was engaged with Khushiji. As per my source Khushiji did not want to marry him. But on the diwali night her buaji forced her saying her father wants that.

Then Aman told him everything starting from how they met in Lucknow and how Khushi broke the engagement when she git to know about Shyam being Anjali's husband. The more Arnav heard about Khushi the more he was guilty. It was because of him Shyam came into her life. He was happy that Khushi was innocent. On the otherhand he was scared what if Khushi leave him. No she can't leave him. He won't let her leave him. He was determined that he will woo his Khushi. Aman saw him lost in his thoughts.

Aman- "ASR are you ok?"

Arnav came out of his thoughts. "Yah I am fine just.. Umm I want to spend sometime alone. I hope you can sum up the works here."

Aman-" Yes ASR."

He was about to go suddenly he remembered something

Aman- "umm ASR we got to know another thing about Khushiji. Its not related to this case but I think you should know it.  Khushiji Is the adopted daughter of Shashiji. He adopted her 3 years ago. But surprisingly no data is found about her before that time."

Arnav just hmmed. Aman went from there. Arnav will close Shyam's chapter soon. But before that he needs to sort everything out with Khushi. Then something clicked his mind. Didnt Khushi told him that her parents died when she was 8 and after that her maasi adopted her. But if she was adopted when she was 8 then how come she was adopted again 3 years ago. He will think about that later. Now he needs to concentrate only on Khushi." I will make sure you fall in love with me this time."

Here one was determined to not forgive while other was determined to earn her forgiveness. Let's see what happens next.

Do vote and let me know how it was in the comment section. Your votes and comment mean alot.  As I already told that I am new to this platform. So I cant understand how much good or bad my writings are. If anybody have any suggestions to improve my writing feel free to voice out your opinion.