part 5: laad governor

Hey guys thank you so much for voting and commenting in the previous chapter. The next chapter is up. Enjoy.

Arnav was awake all night. He was sitting beside khushi. what if she needed anything. He checked her temperature every hour. He looked at Khushi's face. She is looking so calm. It feels like ages he has seen her so calm.

"You know Khushi when I saw you for the first time, when you fell in my arms I was so mesmerized by your eyes. The hazel eyes which were making me go through some unknown feelings. Those feelings which I never wanted to feel for anyone. But the thing which I hated yet I loved about you was your attitude. There is no one who can back answer ASR. Everyone was scared of me. It was the image I had made to hide my vulnerable side. Everyone, even my family
is scared of my anger and you on the otherhand purposefully did those things which tests my patience." he chuckled remembering how every time Khushi would do something and ended up getting scolded from him.

" my mind always gave khatre ki ghanti whenever I was near you. But my heart would shut my brain up and eventually I started feeling attracted toward you. In the office, I tested you giving those jobs which were not even meant for you. But each time you passed those tests that too with distinction. But the thing which I always regret is sending you to the construction site. I promise on you Khushi, I really didnt know that its condition was so bad. The thought of that night makes me shiver even now. What If I couldnt reach there on time. Then you broke the contract and stopped coming to my office. The mere thought of not seeing you everyday, not hearing your payal's chanchan, not seeing you biting your nails, not hearing your blabberings was enough to make me feel hollow. I felt as if a part of me is going away from me when you said you will be going Lucknow forever. But you stayed back. The relief I felt when i saw you again is something I can not describe. Thanks to di, she brought you home for lavanya's training. Here I dont know how, you had also made Lavanya on your side and gave her those weird ideas. She also started behaving like you which used to make me so angry. Because I only wanted you to behave like that nobody else. It was my Khushi's unique style.

The more you came here the more I started feeling attracted towards you. On diwali night, when you wore that red sari you dont know what you made me go through that day. I dont know if Aman had not called that day what I would have done. I dont know what got over me that time and I like a fool announced my marriage with Lavanya. Maybe it was to make my self believe that you dont make any difference in my life which was a big fat lie. When I dropped you home more than you, I wanted to make myself believe on those words I said. But that day understood one thing for sure, the feeling which I feel for you is more than just attraction.

Then you got engaged to Shyam. And when that day you told me that you are engaged I felt the ground slipped away beneath my feet. Everytime when di or lavanya would say about your marriage I felt like hundred needles pricking my heart. But still I did not want to agree that I loved you. I knew the girl di always talked about, without whom my heart beat will stop the girl is you. But I shutted my heart saying that love is a folly and it is meant for only fools. Because of my irrational behaviour I was going destroy another life along with mine, Lavanya's. But Lavanya is a true friend. She understood that I loved you and also said me indirectly to confess. But again I didn't. Then I got to know that your marriage was also broken. I may sound selfish when I say I was doing happy dance in my mind when I heard your engagement is broken."

Arnav suddenly remembers to check her fever. He touches her forehead," Shit!! Your temperature is getting high. What should I do?"

He then went to kitchen and brought cold water. Then he started putting wet patches on her forehead." In childhood, when I used to have fever mamma used to put wet patches like this. She always told me it is helpful for temperature."