part 3: determination

Thank you for voting and commenting. Here is the next chapter. And please Ignore typos...

Ps : I will use bold font when Khushi will be speaking in English.

She was lying near the poolside recalling her latest conversation, no argument with him. Did she overreact? But how could he speak to her like that. He can't always shout at her. She thought about her conversation with Manik of that day.

Flashback:

They both were sitting in the living room. The family thought them to give some privacy so they went from there.

Manik-Abhi aap batane ka kasht karengi ki kya hua hai ya phir uske liye bhi muhrat nikal ni paregi. (Will you take the pain of telling me now? Or you are waiting for any auspicious time?)

Khushi could clearly sense that he was angry.

Khushi- Exactly what are you trying to say monkey?

Manik- You know that very well what I am trying to tell. So Don't act innocent. What is this marriage thing Khushi? Shadi koi gudde guriya ka khel nahi hain.( marriage is not a child's play). You got to be kidding. How could you get married? And who the hell is your damn husband? Does he know who you are? Have you gone mad?

Khushi smiled sheepishly which irritated him a bit more.

Manik- First I had doubt that you are mad but now it is confirmed that you are completely mad. Here I am scolding you and you are... Forget it. Now tell me what happened. Seeing your dressing style I can tell without any doubt that they don’t know about your real identity. Correct me if I am wrong.

By her look he could clearly get that she has said nothing. She was about to defend herself but Manik interrupted, "  Khushi do you know what a big blunder you have done? Anyways when are you going to tell them."

Khushi- I Don't know

Manik- What does that mean? Atleast you need to tell your husband. You will be spending your whole life with that person. You can't keep him in dark. He has the right to know about you.

Hearing these tears start to pool inside her hazel orbs. "Which husband? What kind of right? The husband who doesn’t even trust me, who thinks that I am having an affair that too with a married man, who didn’t even give me one chance to prove my innocence." a lone tear escaped from her eyes while Manik was flabbergasted. "What do you mean by that? You both had love marriage right? Tour family was saying that you even eloped their so called chote."

"No it wasn’t. Atleast not for him."

Khushi didn’t say anything further. Manik was about to say something when HP came there with snacks. Khushi quickly wiped her tears as she didn’t want to give any doubts to others.

Manik saw her sad face and also he didn't want to intrude in her personal space. He thought he will ask later as her mood was already not good. So he diverted the topic.

Manik- Pata hai tu bilkul daily soaps ki heroin lag rahe hai. Waha kaam mil gaya hai kya? ( You look like those daily soap's heroines. Have you got a job there?)

Khushi- huh?

Manik- Ye sari and all. Aur upar se ye khula hua nall. (And this open tap)

Khushi- nall?( Tap?)

Manik - haa tere akhon ka tap. ( Yes your eyes' tap). Waise nahi tujhe koi daily soaps mein nahi lega. Itni moti larki ko heroin nahi lete wo log. ( oh no. Nobody will take you in daily soaps. They don’t take such fat girls)

Hearing the word moti her mouth formed a perfect o. She slapped Manik lightly.

Manik- aah jungli kahiki. Itna kuch badal gaya par tu abhi bhi waisi hi hai. Bilkul jungli.