What Kind of Sociopath Uses Me as a Bowl and Brings a Baguette to a Picnic

*Hazel's Pov*

"I think the skirt overalls with the converse look good." Anikah pointed to the outfit on my bed.

"No no no. It's cute but the red sundress with the white shoes looks even better!" Athena said.

Anikah squinted her eyes. "Hmm, you're right."

Everyone started urging me to wear the red sundress with my white shoes. The snow had already started clearing up and was barely there, so I'd only need a light jacket.

Today, I was going on my first date with Asher. We'd been dating for a few weeks and we'd done a bunch of stuff together, but he barely realized that we hadn't gone on an actual date. We were going to an open field to have a picnic-that field that we were in on Halloween-and then we were going to have a movie night. Asher planned the whole thing.

"Yeah, it's really pretty!" I picked it up and changed into it. I'd gotten more comfortable changing in front of them. They were my friends after all.

"Man, it's so crazy! You and Asher finally got together!" Ivy jumped excitedly.

"What do you mean, 'finally'?" I made quotations in the air.

She rolled her eyes. "You guys have so much chemistry and clearly liked each other for so long. But it took you forever to get together."

Julia laughed and shook Violet's shoulder. "At least you weren't the last ones. Violet and Liam still haven't gotten together even though they obviously want to."

Violet flipped her off. "Actually, we're going on a date next week."

Our eyes all widened as we congratulated her.

"Okay let me do your hair." Ivy put me in a chair and turned me towards the mirror.

She curled my hair and helped me put on pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. For my makeup, she kept it pretty simple.

"Okay, you're ready for your first date with Asher!" She clasped her hands together and squealed.

~~~~~~~

I heard a knock at the door and hopped down the stairs to answer it.

I opened it to find Asher with a bouquet of sunflowers. My favorite flower. "Aww, thank you!" I took the flowers in my hand as I walked out and was about to close the door when somebody stopped it.

Cameron appeared behind me. "Listen, Asher. I like you, so I'm sure you'll treat her good on her first date with you. But be careful with her. We're all trusting you." He narrowed his eyes and backed away slowly.

"Won't let you down." Asher laughed as he closed the door for me.

"You look absolutely beautiful." Asher said as we walked to his car.

"You look absolutely handsome." I said back with a smile.

We listened to Sunflower (ironic) by Rex Orange County and arrived at the open field right when the song ended.

"I'll get that for you, Princess." Asher said as he walked around the car and opened the door for me.

"Thank you." I said as I stepped out.

He laid a yellow checkered blanket down on the floor and set down the picnic basket.

Then he turned to me and a wicked grin grew on his face.

"Oh no... What are you gonna do?" I asked cautiously.

He charged at me and lifted me into the air, spinning me in circles.