As Different As They Are, They Make Amazing Friends

*Hazel's pov*

"Is it still me that makes you sweat-"

I woke up to my Panic! at the Disco alarm and quickly shut it off before anyone heard the lyrics. It's really smart to have that as your alarm because it will sure wake you up to keep your family from hearing it.

Taking my glasses off of my nightstand and putting them on my face, I rolled out of bed and groaned. You know what today was? My first day of junior year at Glenwood High. Just great.

I trudged to the bathroom and washed my face. I already showered at night so I wouldn't have to rush this morning. Besides, I got to go to sleep feeling clean and fresh.

I looked in the mirror and saw that my hair was a mess. We'll fix that later. I assured myself in my head.

It was a rush around the house as everyone got ready for their first day. Leo, Finn, and Jason got ready for school like me. Daniel got ready for his first day at a local college and Alan got ready for Colorado State University. Cameron was starting his first day at his new job as a mechanic. He was twenty two but he still lived with us so he could help my mom with everything.

I walked back to my room and picked out my outfit for the day. It was an oversized yellow fuzzy sweater, light-wash jeans, and my black high top converse. I brushed my long brown hair and put it up into a messy bun. It's not that I tried really hard to do them, they were just naturally messy because I was just bad at making them.

I went downstairs and ate breakfast which was lucky charms. We were all eating breakfast at different times because of our different schedules.

After brushing my teeth, I put on some of mascara and lipgloss. I didn't have the energy for anything else. I was already dreading going to a new school. But oh well, new start, right?

I was pretty much ready. I grabbed my pastel blue backpack and shoved two of my favorite books in there since there wasn't much in there yet.

I headed to the hallway and yelled out my brother's name. He was going to the same school as me so I had to walk with him. He was 15 and a sophomore. "Jason! Are you ready?"

"Not yet! You can go without me!" He screamed back. Well, I guess I was walking alone.

I ran downstairs to my mom. I figured since Jason wasn't walking with me, maybe she could give me a ride. "Hey mom, can you give me a ride to school?"

"Sorry I'm already taking Leo and Finn to school." She kissed me and said bye.

I walked out the door and I won't lie, I was a bit disappointed. In a family as big as mine, I didn't get noticed much. Though I had come to terms with it, it still made me feel a little unimportant at times. But that was fine.

I was so caught up in thought that I bumped into someone and fell on my butt.

"Falling for me already, Princess?" said the boy from yesterday.

"Sorry I wasn't paying attention. And no I am most certainly not falling for you." I said as he helped me up.

"Not yet." He smirked and I had to hold back a scoff. He looked me over and a hint of realization hit his face. "Are you walking to school?"

"Yeah, Glenwood High. Why?" I asked.
Maybe he was secretly a stalker...I'd have to watch out for that.

"Need a ride?" He tossed up the keys to his car and caught them swiftly.

I looked over to see his car. It was a black Chrome CTS-V Sedan. My dad used to have that car but in a light grey color. It brought back old memories that I didn't know if I wanted to remember, but I did need a ride. "Sure." I agreed.