Chapter One

Chapter One

Rosewood Academy

Alex's Pov:

"Alex, hurry up!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

"Just a moment!" I yelled back at her as I looked over my last suitcase.

I counted over my clothes again, making sure it'd be an abundant amount. I already had three more filled but it wouldn't hurt to be sure, right?

"Alex!" Her voice rang out again, this time in an annoyed tone. "If you don't hurry we're going to be late for your first day!"

I groaned, quickly zipping my luggage and placing the duffle bag over my shoulder. I rushed out of my room, only to be stopped in the hallway by my brother. He gave me an annoyed look before taking all of them from me and heading downstairs. "This is why we're always late." He mumbled under his breath.

I should probably introduce myself. My name is Alex Grace. I'm seventeen, of course, but I'm still being forced to attend some boarding school I've never even heard of. My grandmother said it'd be good for my twin brother and I, Logan. Apparently our education will somehow soar through the roof if we attend Rosewood Academy our last year of high school. My mom, she tried to save us but my other mom agreed with her mom. Did I fail to mention I had two moms? Just so you don't get confused I'll label them.

Mom E and Mom S.

"I'll see you later, buddy." I sighed as Charlie gave me his usual puppy dog eyes as he watched me leave. He gave a rather sad whine as I closed the door. I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt as it would be quite some time before I saw him again.

"Did you pack everything you need?" Mom S asked as she helped Logan load the car. I nodded before climbing into the backseat and strapping on my seatbelt.

"Why are we going here again? What's the point? I don't know anyone there nor do I know anything about that school." I asked Mom E who was sitting in the passenger seat as we waited for them to finish.

"Come on, It can't be that bad. It's just for one year." She told me before handing me one of those informational school brochures.

"How many times did I tell you to check out the website? To read the letters we received in the mail?" Mom S, who must have heard me, asked as she and Logan entered the car. Logan took the brochure from me and flipped through a few pages.

"We both think that it would be good for you." Mom S continued as she began to drive in what I assumed was the direction of the boarding school. "We aren't trying to punish you. It's your last year, sweetie. What you do now counts the most."

"It's fucking ridiculous." I muttered, pulling my phone out of my pocket at the sound of vibration. My best friend Meadow had texted me.

"Alex," Mom E said with a sigh as she gave me a stern look from the rear view mirror.

"Sorry." I gave a half hearted apology before reading the message.

Meadow: I still can't believe you're going to boarding school today... :(

Me: I know, but it'll be fine. We'll still be able to talk and stuff.

Meadow: It still won't be the same. Who am I going to talk about boys with? School hasn't even started yet and I already feel lame. ;_;

Me: Aww, it'll be alright. We can make time to visit and you still have Austin there with you.

Meadow: Yeah, I can talk about boys with him but he doesn't like to do what we do.