Chapter 5

A/N: I hope you guys are liking it so far! Make sure you drop a vote, like, comment share! I'm gonna start dedicating chapters to my loyal readers!

I've also decided that I am going to start posting a specific schedule. For now I'm going to post on Fridays... If we get enough excitement and activity going... then I may also post on Saturday's as well! So get to sharing!

A shower, packing, and one heated conversation with a very unhappy Layla later, Rayne leaned her head against the cushiony first-class seat of Southern Scapes Airways Flight 112 from Seattle, Washington to Alexandria, Louisiana

A shower, packing, and one heated conversation with a very unhappy Layla later, Rayne leaned her head against the cushiony first-class seat of Southern Scapes Airways Flight 112 from Seattle, Washington to Alexandria, Louisiana. She still couldn't figure out why Camden hadn't told her where they were going when she was going to find out at the airport, anyway. However, he had been insistent and didn't tell her. She had to read it on her ticket.

She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, surprised at how calm she was. First class was nice, but that didn't take away the fact that she was afraid of flying. She hated it. So much so, that she made Camden take the window seat. She didn't want to be able to see the ground as she plummeted to her death.

The passing stewardess paused at her seat with the drink cart, the wheels rattling as she stopped. It was just enough to pull her from her thoughts.

"Would you like something to drink?"

Rayne looked into the woman's face and was reminded of her boss, Karla. The stewardess wore too much makeup, and you could practically smell the hairspray fumes wafting from her. She fought a snicker. "No thank you," she managed to squeak out.

As the stewardess continued on down the aisle, Rayne glanced to Camden, who was staring out the window. He was wearing sunglasses, even though it wasn't bright, and from what she could tell, he was deep in thought. He'd refused to take off the glasses even after they boarded. Apparently, according to him, his eyes were very light sensitive, and they helped.

Personally, she thought he was hiding something, or maybe hiding from someone. She shrugged off the thought and looked down at her hands, folded over her blue-jean clad legs. "So, Louisiana, huh?"

He turned from the window and nodded, trying but failing to suppress a smile. "What was the giveaway?"

She shrugged and placed her hand on her chin in a mockingly thoughtful gesture. "Oh, I don't know. It couldn't have been the ticket I had to carry for a mile through the airport, or the huge flashing sign when we made it to our terminal. Oh, or the captain announcing it over the intercom before we took off."

Camden rolled his eyes and chuckled.

Rayne couldn't hold back her smile. Ever since she'd made up her mind earlier that morning to go through with this and trust him, she'd felt more at ease. She wasn't sure why, but she did. Maybe she had more faith in him than she thought.

She glanced at him and wished he would take off those annoying shades. He was hard enough to read as it was. The glasses certainly didn't help. "In all seriousness," she began quietly, her expression changing, "how much danger am I really in?"