Forgotten Colors ( Male MC x Shinobu)

Start from the beginning

"Shinobu. In the battle with the demons have you learned nothing? " his tone loss of feeling as Shinobu became confused as she told it already.

"What you mean I have learned nothing! I am who I am now because of the death and loss of my Sister! You know so well Yuuto how she is taken away from me. But her death is the start of my research....my search for answers. I have continued her legacy by remembering how she died. I am the embodiment of her dreams" her voice sounded calm but she is screaming. No one but Yuuto could make her feel like this.

Yuuto didnt unsheath his katana but rather he looked away from her gaze. It is unusual for her to see him like this...seeing him with a bit of uncertainty.

"Shinobu...look around you. You knew that we have physically removed the threat of the demon to this village but what do you see?"

Shinobu became more confused.

"I see darkness Yuuto. The village is enveloped by it." Shinobu stated the obvious as the night seemed to make the darkness unsettling.

"Yes..its the darkness of the fear...fear of demons. Soon they will feel the desperation. They will see that we, demon slayers are but human ourselves, can be overpowered if a stronger entity came before us. The loss of their loved ones....one after another from them will weaken their resolve...death will be their hope. I simply just made them forget that darkness of fear. Isnt it convinient?" As he smirked at Shinobu.

Shinobu snapped as she made a thrust of her blade at Yuuto while he simply stepped backward and unsheathed his blade.

Their swords clashed making the contact of their blades sparkle in the night. Swift are their strikes and both of them are unscathed.

"Shinobu...you dont understand...forgetting is the most ultimate solution for this. To forget the curse of sadness" as emotion now evident on his face, remembering.

Yuuto admired Shinobu with her strength of heart which he will never have.

How could he? He never had someone to get that strength for. Shinobu on the other hand had her Sister's resolve.

He is confused why he never used his power on her when he could have wished it.

Perhaps he himself may have wanted to see if she could do what she is aspiring to do or if he is wrong with his ideals.

He shrugged off his thoughts.

He is not wrong. 

Their swords clashed again.

....he is not wrong

His sword clashed again with hers and to his suprise he lost hold of his katana as it flew and landed on the ground. Yuuto found himself under her blade once again but this time defeated.

"I am simply just not like you Shinobu...you are simply out of reach. You are not the same as them. But a normal person will be what I told you they will be. Forgetting things will be their liberty...I tell you! Its their escape from this curse of sadness!"

Shinobu is suprised on how Yuuto expressed himself now. Never has he shown any vulnerability till now.

She has always been with him on missions amd each time after he removes the memory of the people involved especially when the victim is already dead.

There is something in him that eludes her. He always have this facade of seriousness but she always see him extend his hand and help the needy. Then she realized...

"Could it be you are afraid that they will feel pain and sadness?" She spoke baring her thoughts.

Yuuto was caught unprotected and in response..

He laughed loudly as he held his hand to his face. 

"Shinobu! Hahaha! Me afraid? You must be kidding me....." then tears ran down his face in contradiction of his words. With this Shinobu turned down her blade and placed it on it's sheathe.

Yuuto held the blood riddled cloth that he took from the family earlier. This must be where the newborn baby is wrapped in before its devoured by the demon. He held it to his chest as his tears ran down more than before.

Shinobu found his show of weakness enlightening. For the years that she is with him never have he shown any emotions till now.

"You wanted to save them from the sadness...right Yuuto? Perhaps sadness had engulfed you in darkness for so long. You dont want anyone to feel the same..." Shinobu closed her eyes as if praying then looked again staring at Yuuto's eyes.

He felt he will be laid bare as her eyes read him like an open book.

"I only wanted to shoulder their pain for them. If they will forget it then I shall remember at their place and carry this burden for them. This curse of survival and clinging hope....the chance of living normally is highly unlikely" as he rubbed the tears from his eyes. Ending it.

Shinobu extended her hand to him and smiled.

"Yuuto what if you start to live normally now?" Shinobu beamed making him embrassed for some reason.

Like a sign the morning came and the rays of the sun shone brightly on Shinobu's back.

Maybe...maybe he can still believe in hope.

He took her entended hand and stood up.

Damaged but renewed.

-FIN-