Something Sweet (Rengoku X Reader)

Rengoku and I have been good friends as far as I can remember. I have feelings for him for a long time but I never had the courage to tell him in fear that he will think of me differently.

We are both hashiras, he is the hashira for the flame while I and Giyuu master the water. Our duties sometimes require us not to see each other for a week or more.

This demon slaying is annoying but we have to do it for the better of all.

It was a quiet night here at Rengoku's estate and I stared at the stars quietly, admiring its beauty and sparkle. Twinkling endlessly in the sky helping the moon for its job of illumination. Senjuro is such a darling to serve me some tea before he retired for the day.

My house has been in construction for 3 days now and Rengoku's father is kind enough to spare me a room in their house. I am happy of their offer because of two things:
1. I will be able to have a good place to stay while my house is still on construction. (Better than sleeping at the butterfly estate where there are rumors of ghosts roaming...errr)

2. I will be able to see Rengoku often.

My eyes wandered again on the sky while thinking where he could have been.

"Rengoku..I miss you" my lips escaped my thoughts betraying me.

As if my prayers were answered I heard the door to my room open revealing Rengoku. He has a lot of scratches and wounds on his arms, chest and legs.

My heart sank of distress and worry as I dashed towards him immediately, giving his body support. My eyes teared up of sight of him. He never got injured this much before in the past.

"Rengoku! What happened to you!?

He didnt respond right away rather he held my cheeks and kept his usual smile he gives me.

"Im fine! Did you miss me perhaps" he caressed my face intently letting me feel its warmth. I held his hand firmly. And slapped his back making him actually feel it a bit. I held myself back in worry that I will hurt him much.

He chuckled making me ease a bit of my worry but still I am worried about his wounds. I assisted him to sit and remove his haori and upper body clothes. I got a good look on his wounds and thank the heavens that they were all superficial.

He tried to make his remark of 'I told you' but I suppressed him by putting my right pointing finger to his lips. Chuckling again he held my hand once again taking it near to his lips. I was suprised by this gesture and I feel my cheeks are getting hot.

"Rengoku...what are you---" as he silenced me with his lips making my eyes wider. His tongue swirled inside me as if taking me to his and my stiffness slowly relaxed.

He stopped and faced me, his visage gentle. " I have been thinking about you all this time...I wanted to see you again... for every wound or demon I face I always wanted to do my best to live because I want to see ..you"

He embraced me with all his might making me wonder is he really injured. My heart swelled with joy upon his words and kissed him back. I smiled at him and teased.

"Took you so much time to figure out that I mean that much to you" as I slapped him once again making him wince a bit.

"Hey I'm still injured you know." He complained.

The moment he was going to kiss me again we both heard approaching footsteps making him stop. It was Senjuro and he jumped to greet his brother.

"Oniiiiichan ! Good that you are safe!" He leaped and entwined his arms to his neck and Rengoku just embraced him back.