Snow (Reader x Rengoku)

Why? Why it has to be you?

I wish from the bottom of my heart that this is not real and I will wake up from this nightmare.

But I am in it and I cant escape.

I ran and ran remembering only thoughts of you.

The snow is pouring and piling up but I didnt stop running.

I love you. Please come back to me.

Please...please....I beg of you let me see you.

Let me see your light once again, your eyes, your orange red hair shining like the sun.

Can you hear me? You always know where I am. I am right here waiting.

Maybe I am waiting already for too long so here I am coming to you.

Please...please...come back...

As if the snow brought me back to reality.

It stopped me and I fell down face first at the snow.

It hurt but the thing that hurt most is that I know that I cannot see you again. I clenched my fist and the snow sent shivers in my skin.

I screamed and tears fell down more but the snow masked it. There are times that I wished that there is a switch that can turn off my feelings for you and let me forget you.

But I cant because I love you, Rengoku...

Memories flashed at me from that day where you told me that you love me.

It was an fair autumn day 1 year ago when you confessed to me. You invited me a day before to come with you with your corny alibi that you need me for training.

You led me to an area in the demon slayer headquarters where there are more wisteria trees than usual. It was just the two of us there.

You kept on holding the tip of yiur hair with your two fingers. I know that you are only doing that when you are nervous. Oyakata-sama seemed to gave both of us a day off today for some reason. I am also nervous as why you are acting that way.

We have known each other when we were children as we both mastered the art of flame breathing. You have always been the talented one between the two of us and my admiration of you grew each day.

We were good friends since then until you became the flame pillar. Since then you were mostly busy with your duties training and honing your skills. But whenever you got the time we always go to the nearby town to eat dangos as it is both our favorate.

Actually, I hate them but I dont know why. When I am with you eating them, they taste delicious rather when I am alone. I enjoy how you take each piece and eat them whole joyfully. Oh how I enjoy watching you.

I wanted to become more than friends but I am scared that this will be a hindrance to you. But that day, that faithful day one year ago you told me how you felt.

We were alone that time, then suddenly you embraced me from behind as I felt your breath on my ears, so warm and enticing..you whispered words of love reserved only for me.

"I wanted you to know that I always think about you. My heart beats faster everytime I am with you."

"I love you"

My tears of joy fell as he told that. My heart fluttered as I turned to face him and kissed his lips.

"And I love you too, Rengoku"

This time he was the one who kissed me. His kiss was so passionate that his tongue lingered and secured everything in my mouth before leaving it. His eyes glowed of joy as he looked at me. With his strong arms he lifted me through my upperlegs swaying me to the air sideways like a child. I giggled i  response for his gesture as we shared the rest of the day together eating dangos, walking by the lake, talking about silly things while we have our evening tea.