Chapter Seven- Sorry is Never Enough

Jack

Kissing Hiccup was, by far, the best experience I had ever had. And I've had a lot of pretty great experiences.

But his boxers. Oh boy. Those were quite amazing, I must say. And, of course, taking them off was even better...

I smiled to myself as I thought of Hiccup and I's night. It was a good thing his dad was out of town, and I really hoped Hiccup didn't have any neighbors that would have heard us. We were a little... Loud.

I sighed and stretched. Time to wake up, I thought to myself in a grumble as I made myself open my eyes. After all, I couldn't stay in hmm-he's-so-perfect-dream-land forever. I had to wake up eventually, right?

I yawned and started to sit up, but a snore came from Hiccup, so I froze, not wanting to jostle him. He was stretched out across my bare chest, his hand thrown above his head and his mouth slightly agape.

I smiled and gently stroked his hair. He was so adorable. Too good for me, almost, but I knew that wasn't the case, exactly. I had the feeling we would both teach each other some things.

And perhaps we already had. I certainly hadn't thought I was gay. Maybe I had been searching for so long--but I'd been searching in all the wrong places.

I leaned down and kissed Hiccup's forehead. He stirred and groggily opened his eyes. As soon as he saw me, he broke into and ear-to-ear grin, and reached up to touch my cheek.

"Morning, Frosty." Hiccup said happily.

I smiled softly. "Morning, Dragon Boy." We both giggled at our stupid nicknames, and met each others eyes.

It wasn't long before my lips were on his again.

~~~~~

"Hmm. Jack." Hiccup sighed dreamily as he stretched accross my chest again. I chuckled lightly.

"Hungry? I can make you breakfast." I offered. He looked up at me greatfuly and nodded. "'Kay." I responded wih a smirk as I sat up. I slipped on my boxers and stretched.

"Rise and shineeeee!!!" I sung to Hiccup as I skipped out his bedroom door and down the stairs. I went to the kitchen and peered in the fridge for a few seconds before deciding on eggs and pancakes. I got out the necessary ingredients and began mixing.

I heard a yawn and lazy, clumsy, off-beat footsteps coming down the stairs. I smiled to myself. Hiccup's prosthetic was the cutest thing I had ever heard of or seen.

"Pancakes sound good?" I asked without turning around, as I began to pour the first of the batter onto the hot skillet.

"Ooh, yum." Hiccup replied. I could hear the delighted smile in his voice. It made me smile again.

I chuckled lightly, turning around with my trademark smirk. "Good."

Hiccup smiled and slid onto one of the barstools, his prothetic clunking against one of the legs of the oak chair. He blushed and propped his elbow up on the barstool, and he curiously watched me as I moved about the kitchen.

When I had three hot and ready-to-go pancakes, I grabbed a plate from the dishrack and stacked the pancakes on it, sliding it across the counter to Hiccup. He giggled and took it, pouring syrup on and then biting in. "Mmm." He sighed contentedly. I smiled and poured more batter on the skillet for myself.

After he and I had both finished eating, we did the dishes together, laughing and splashing bubbles on each other. We ended up making a huge mess, so we agreed that I'd wash and he'd dry.

About halfway through, there was a faint knock on the door. A panicked look crossed Hiccup's face.

"I'll get it." He mumbled hastily, rushing out of the kitchen and into the foyer. I shrugged, easily diregarding his strange mood, and continued on the dishes.

I heard hushed voices from the entryway. It was obviously Hiccup, but who was that unfamiliar voice? I thought I knew of almost everyone in Berk...

I knew I shouldn't, but I did. I listened in carefully. I could not make out their exact words, but the voice of the stranger seemed to be a girl. From her and Hiccup's tones, I could tell Hiccup was uncomfortable and perhaps a little stressed, and she was angry and maybe even crying. Suddenly they got very quiet.

I pursed my lips, and quickly finished the dishes. I silently padded into the foyer, peeking through the archway.

All I saw was a dirty blonde braid, and Hiccup's messy brown hair combining with it.

All I saw was his hand touching her chest.

All I saw was her cradling him as if it was their wedding kiss.

I made a strangled, choking noise, and felt the numbness wash across me.

So this was instinct. Fight or flight.

I was suddenly hyper-aware of everything around me. My heart was thudding in my chest, and my stomach was furiously knotting itself. My fingers were cold and clammy. My mouth was like Death Valley.

I balled my hands into fists, and since the two lovebirds were blocking the doorway, the only way out was through a window. I sprinted upstairs, snatching up my staff, jeans, and jacket.

"Jack! Jack, wait!" It was Hiccup desperately calling after me. I shook my head as frozen tears threatened to spill over.

I took a deep breath.

Fight or flight, Jack, fight or flight. Fight or flight.

I could now hear Hiccup clumsily thudding up the stairs, and the bitch downstairs screeching at him.

"HICCUP HORRENDOUS HADDOCK THE THIRD, GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!!!"

Hiccup was now standing in his bedroom doorway. He looked distraut.

"Jack." He pleaded, his voice trembling dangerously. I only shook my head. I was sick and tired of being hurt.

"Save it for the blondie bitch." I snarled, but instead, it sounded like a weak sob. Probably because it was.

"N-no, I promise it wasn't what it looked like..." Hiccup choked, wiping his eyes with his sleeve. I shook my head again, and gritting my teeth, I walked to the window and jumped.