0: Prologue.

♪ THE SONGBIRD ♪

Prologue.

Have you ever wondered what it might feel like to have everything you could possibly want, and to feel like you have nothing at all?

Or perhaps, what it might feel like to have been robbed of something so big, that the world around you felt they needed to shower you in abundance of physical objects and pleasures to make up for the fact that you’re missing two, huge emotional figures inside of you?

Of course everything you could possibly want is a bit of a wide spread phrase. And it’s solely based on the fact that we are all, the same. Everything you could possibly want would be a very valid phrase to describe Annabelle’s life. That is, if she were normal.

If you were – at possibility – the richest kid in your small village buried deep somewhere in England that would only appear on an intricately detailed map: You would most definitely take advantage of this extravagant chance that you have a wad of money at your fingertips. There might be someone wanting to stop you: Jealousy is a burden.

There wasn’t someone to stop Annabelle. Nobody offered or even tried to provoke the robbing of her childhood from her. In all honesty, who would? Everyone knew everyone in her small town, crime was another world away.

Everyone makes the pouting sorrowful expression when it’s implied you’ve had your childhood robbed from you. But it’s quite an awkward situation, when you’re the one who robbed it from yourself.

Even more so, when you did it with all the joy of a child on Christmas morning. Eyes shining with the perfect rainbow of all the bright wrapping paper concealing the ‘perfect’ present inside of it.

Oh but bearing in mind; Annabelle doesn’t do Christmas either.

--------------------------------------------♪♪ --------------------------------------------

A/N.

Hello:3

Gosh I miss writing for you and uploading stuff. This is just a small prologue, because quite frankly typing on my phone is not something I really enjoy, not to mention it takes forever.

Tbh, I am really quite stressed at the idea of some tech smart strangers who I've never even met holding possession of my laptop. Just euurhg it makes me cringe how they have access to pictures of me and my friends, not to mention quite a large number of hot gifs of 1D, all my e-mails (literally thousands from wattpad, plus messages, comments etc that I've received on facebook, anndddd ones between my friends and I in which we use quite creative insults.) All my internet history as well just omg. Literally like my whole life is stored on that laptop. Because quite damn frankly, who needs a boyfriend when you have an entire hard drive that remembers and stores everything about you?;o

And then pooof and it's all gone. I have so much re-writing to do when I get it back omg.

I get stressed when my Dad goes on my laptop, let alone people I've never even met. Nobody goes on it, it's mine and that's it

anyway, love you and I'm so sorry for the lack of upload lately c:!

-Emily. xx