Chapter 1: The Lunchroom

Okay, not gonna lie, I sorta forgot about this story for a while. I didn't realize that anyone actually read this garbage until a few nights ago where I decided to check on it. Anyways, I'll (maybe) put out another chapter soon if I feel like writing. This chapter was from a few days after I posted the Introduction and I told myself I would write more, but I didn't. I'm also sorta falling out of the fandom, but I'm like 80% sure the new movie that's coming out (lol gay) is gonna suck me back in. Anyways, enjoy!

"PEGGY!" My eyes jolted awake from where I sat in the classroom. I looked up at the person who had called my name. A grinning face decked out in blue popped up.

"Oh, hey 'Liza," I said, giving back a small smile.

Eliza Schuyler. My best friend since age three. Back when we were practically in diapers! Oh yeah, she's my sister too. She started to fix up her headband, toying with the knot that was holding it together.

"Why aren't you having fun?" I quirked my eyebrow up at her, and held up the book in my hand.

"Why do you mean, I am having fun." The blue-clad girl rolled her eyes at me.

"I meant with other people, dummy," she scoffed. I just stared at her intently, as if I didn't care about my own death. Yeah, a room full of screaming seven and eight-year-olds didn't exactly fit my idea of 'fun.' She just gave me a sigh in response. "Anyways, you ready for lunch?" I gave a goofy smile.

"You know it."

"Just a little longer," she sang before skipping away. I rolled my eyes at her but gave her a smile as she pranced away.

.         .         .

"Yo, Martha, who's that?" The brown-haired girl spun towards me, before realizing who I was. She gave a small apologetic smile. (Look, I don't know how she looks, so I'm just gonna assume that she has brown hair and that she's white. Because racism was a thing back then. Oh yeah, it's Martha Mannings. We love a good nice Martha.)

"Sorry Pegs." I shrugged back at her.

"It's chill. Anyways, who's that?" I pointed at the girl in red who Martha had just led into the cafeteria.

"Oh! That's the new kid. I have to show her around." I nodded my head to show her that I got it.

"Huh. Interesting," I muttered. Martha looked at me with confusion before she looked back at the new student.

"I'm gonna go and take her to the lunch line to buy food, 'kay?" I gave her another small smile and nodded my head. I headed back to my table in the very back before waiting for my friends to hurry up in the stupid lunch line, while I sat with my lunch from home. Eliza finally got her food and paid, sitting across from me while Theo and Martha lagged behind.

"Hey," I said, looking up from my sandwich. They chorused back a series of greetings and started digging into their own food. I felt my face rile up a bit at the food they were eating.

"You sure that's safe to eat?" I asked skeptically. Eliza rolled her eyes at me.

"You know, Mom and Dad would let you buy lunch if you wanted to." I gave a fake face of horror.

"I stopped doing that in second grade, you know this," I said dramatically. "You have betrayed me." I fake fainted across the table, earning me a series of giggles. I lifted my head from the table and gave a huge grin. "Thank you, thank you." I did a bow and sat back down. We started to go back to our usually chattering. You know, about... teachers... and stuff... (WHAT DO THIRD GRADERS TALK ABOUT??!!) Eventually, the conversation drifted back to the new girl.

"What's her name, Mar?" I asked curiously. Martha did this really extra thinking face before she actually told me.

"I think it was like Maria or something." Martha shrugged her shoulders. I just stared at her.

"You literally just stayed with her for, like four hours. How do you not know her name?" I asked dumbfounded. Martha shrugged again. I let out an exasperated sigh. "Okay Mar, whatever."

"She's pretty," Eliza chimed in. I took another look at her. She was surrounded by boys and sitting at the 'popular' table. I turned my gaze away and looked back at Liz.

"I guess," I said, already bored of the conversation. Liz stared down at the table with something in her eyes. She stared at the green plastic and stood up. I looked at Liz again. Determination. That was what was in her eyes.

"I'm going to go talk to her," she said firmly. I groaned and put my head on my arms.

"Liza, I love you, but that may not be the best idea."

"And why is that?" she challenged. I lifted my head so I could look at her.

"I mean, look where she's sitting. Plus, we're not exactly cool." Liza scoffed.

"So what?" I just grimaced at her words and lay my head on the table.

"Go, go." Eliza smirked at my response and flounced off in the direction of the table. Theo perked up.

"Wait up Liza!" Eliza stopped for a moment to let Theo catch up before resuming her previous pace.

"Oh my good gods of Irene," I groaned. "This is either going to end well or with someone's head on a spike." 

Did you see the references? There are three. Just sayingggg.