Chapter 10

"Thank you." He said, so quietly I thought it was only in my head.

"Y-you talked!" I breathed out.

"Y-yeah, I-I did." He said, softly. I just hugged him tighter.

We stayed like that for a while until my phone rang.

I broke from the hug and pulled out my phone. I looked at the caller ID and it was Kian.

(Call From: Kian *.*)

"Hey."

"Hi Riley! Are we still on to hang out today?"

"Oh, yeah! Of coarse! I almost forgot about that."

"Can I pick you up a bit earlier than we planned? Like 4:30?"

"Yeah! Of coarse! I'll text you the address. I'm actually staying at my best friend's house at the moment so I'll just tell you the address and you can pick me up."

"Ok. Sounds good! See you then!"

"Ok! Bye!"

(Call Ended by: Riley)

"Who was that?" Phoenix asked after I put away my phone. I still have to get used to the fact that he's talking.

"Oh, that was Kian. He's gunna pick me up around 4:30 and we are going out someplace. If that's alright!" I replied.

"Oh, uh yeah. T-that's cool." He said. He sounded slightly disappointed.

"Oh, and Riley?"

"Yeah?"

"Please don't tell anyone I started talking again. Not yet anyway." He said, looking hopeful.

"Ok. I won't." I smiled back at him. He walked down a hall and into a room. I'm assuming it was the bathroom. After he did, I went over to my bags and tried to choose something to wear.

*Phoenix's POV*

Why!

That is my main question right now.

Why did I talk just for Riley?

Why did I get so upset when she said she had a date with Kian?

Why does she make me feel this way?

Why!?

I went to the bathroom so that I could sulk without her knowing. I didn't stay in there long though. Mostly because she would get suspicious if I stayed super long in the bathroom.

I walked back out and saw Riley holding up a bright blue and purple top. It had spaghetti straps and it was ruffled down the whole front. It had a smooth back and it had the words, 'Secretly Awesome' written in bold white letters that were traced in rhinestones.

"It's perfect!" I heard her whisper to herself.

"I agree." I said, making her jump a little.

"You really think so?" She asked, analyzing it a bit more.

"Yes. Add some plain denim shorts and purple gladiator sandals and you'll be good." I said. I know what you're probably thinking; is he gay?. But, no, I'm not gay. I still had an older sister for fourteen years. I know stuff.

"That's a great idea! Thank you!" She said, laying the shirt over her arm and running over to her bag to grab some shorts. She pulled them out and then ran over to me and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before sprinting into the bathroom. I just chuckled.