Chapter 49

They were in the leaf, recovering and welcoming everyone. It was life going to a new place, amazed by the wonders and the beauties of the village.

It had been weeks after their Victory and Gaara had decided to visit his dear Wolfie.

Chidori held Gaara close as they walked through the streets, greeting friends and family that they see.

"This is nice." Gaara smiled down at her as she giggled, agreeing.

As they walked, they saw Rock Lee and Tenten, walking around as well.

Chidori waved at them, looking at TenTen then at Lee. She gave them a bright smile as they passed.

"So... how's Lee?" Gaara asked, "Have you guys actually talked about... you know... everything?"

"Chidori-chan." Lee blocked her way. It was a few weeks before Chidori was sent away with Naruto for their own safety.

She was helping out on a mission to help out with some stuff. She and Sai were the only ones available in squad 7, since Gai and Kakashi were out doing whatever, Kitsune was helpingas a medica ninja in the hospital, Naruto and Sakura were nowhere to be found, so they called up Rock Lee's group to help.

It had started raining, but Chidori had insisted in helping further, as did the others, but she steered clear from Lee.

She couldn't really blame TenTen, her motivations were just to help Lee get better, but it still hurt her.

A year. Actually, it was less than six months and they had already thought she was dead, completely giving up any hope and it was a little painful for her, but because of Haku's help, she was able to get past it, well not all of it.

"Chidori chan, please hear me out!" She had been avoiding him since she got out of the hospital. She had been distant and didn't even say a single word since they started this mission.

As they were finishing up, Lee tried to say something, clearly not use to her new attitude, but it went unheard.

He blocked her way and looked at her in the eyes, both of them soaking in the harsh rain.

She stared at him blankly, no emotion in her eyes. "What? Wanna talk to me now thag I'm back and Alive?" She sneered.

Rock Lee looked down for a moment before looking up to meet her bright blue eyes. "Chidori... I'm sorry... I-I'm sorry I... I didn't keep my promise."

"You're promise?" She glared at him, "Lee, I don'r care about that promise, I knew from the beginning that it was going to be a one sided relationship, you clearly had hots on Sakura... and now TenTen." Her tone went from mad to sad, her eyes falling to the ground, she was happy that it was raining, at least he wouldn't see her tears. "I don't give a damn about your promise!" She cried, "What hurt me was that you gave up on me so easily! You gave up and assumed I was dead! I don't care if you have a girlfriend, I don't even care if you got married right now, what hurts was that you gave up on me!" She had her eyes on the ground the whole time, tears falling down her cheeks like the rain droplets.

"Chidori-"

"I trusted you!" She yelled, "you were my friend, and technically, I knew we'd just stay as friends, but-" she looked up at him sadly. "I thought you'd at least be one of the people who'd have hope. Who'd have hope and believed in me enough that I'd come back alive!" She wiped her face, but it didn't really do anything since the rain was pouring down on them.

Lee took a few steps closer to her, she glared at him, making him stop. "Chidori, I'm sorry... I-I guess I was too afraid of losing you... too scared of the thought that you might have been dead, that I just accepted you died..." He just went closer and closer until he stood right in front of her, "The thought of you still out there... probably hurting or scared pained me... I guess the thought of you dead... you being in peace and in heaven sounded so much nicer to be that thinking of having alive and alone..." He looked down on her with sad eyes, he too looked like he was crying. "I'm sorry, Chidori...  I didn't mean to hurt you or betray you... I'm sorry for also not being able to keep my promise."

Chidori looked up at him and hugged him. She gave him a small smile, "can... can we still be friends?"

He smiled and nodded, "friends... or rivals?"

She pushed him playfully, "whatever you want, Squirrel."

Lee's face went red, "Squirrel?! Why? Why squirrel?!" She laughed at him, "come on! How come Gaara gets a cool name, Panda, then I get Squirrel?"

"Its a long story." She laughed at his red face.

"What in the world are those to up you" Neji and TenTen looked through the window, seeing the two still in the rain.

"Yeah... we're ok." She hugged him as he smiled down on her.

He chuckled, making her look up at him, "You're so popular." He looked at her, "first, for the whole ShadowWolf ninja, then as the beauty amongst our batch... and now... now you're a hero." He stared ag her adoringly, "I feel like there will be more boys admiring you now."

Chidori shrugged, a smug smile on her face. She pulled him down to peck on his lips, "yeah, but you're still my favorite." She giggled and they both continued to walk down the streets of Konoha, heading to their favorite spot.