Chapter twenty seven

Gaara was immediately sent back to his village while everyone else stayed there at the scene. Tracker ninjas tried to look for some small or unnoticed thing that might lead them to where they could of gone.

What happened really scarred Kakashi. He couldn't stop looking at his bloody hand. He had sat there for three hours but nothing. He was just in his mind thinking of what he did... this is my fault... I was careless...

Gai started to worry about him. He knows Kakashi every well and if anything would happen to his daughter he'd instantly blame himself for it. And that's the last thing he wants Kakashi to do. He placed a hand on his shoulder but, to his surprise, Kakashi didn't even look up at him. He just sat there staring at his hand. Gai sighed. "Kakashi... Y-"

"No... I... I just killed her..." he said not letting Gai finish his sentence. Gai didn't know what to say. What he saw earlier was something he couldn't really put to detail. It was so quick that the only thing he knew was that Lee started it and it ended with Kakashi's hand in the ninja's and Chidori's heart. Gai didn't want to make Kakashi feel bad but he didn't know what else to say. What he saw is what he knows and right know he couldn't think of another way to put it. "Kakashi... will Find her... I know it" was all he said after that long pause of silence between them.

Kakashi stood up and shook his head. "If she isn't dead..."

"Kakashi she is-"

"It's impossible for someone to survive that... no one ever did... and no one can" he cut him off once more, knowing too well how chidori worked.

Gai gave a small chuckle. "But Kitsune did... She was always a fighter and I believe Chidori is as well" he said tapping his shoulder lightly. "That's why you named her that, right?"

Kakashi gave Gai a sorrowful look. "I named her Chidori because I wanted her to be a fighter...." he trailed off. "when she was born at the same day Kitsune survived the attack... she came out... very small and had little chance of survival... doctors even said she'd die after a week..."

Gai gave a wide smile knowing what came next. "But she survived... she made it passed a week and is now a 13 year old girl..." he said is a more cheery voice, in hopes the he would help his friend.

"We will find her... alive" Gai said sternly knowing that giving up isn't an option.

After a few more minutes of talking about her a tracker came. "We found tracks..." he said and led them to the other ninjas and followed the tracks.

"I hope Chidori-chan is ok" Naruto said worriedly.

"Yes... that's one thing I'll ever agree with you..." Neji said as they rest agreed.

The trackers abruptly stopped and turned to them. They looked at them with a worried expression. Moving aside, one of them asked, "Is this the man?"

It was the same ninja that took her and this time he was tied to a tree still alive. He looked up at them and met eye contact with Kakashi. "You're Daughter... she's... gone." he said in a sorrowful tone.

"She... was... taken..."

~~~~~~~~

"Do you think she'll be ok?" A Nurse asked as she looked at the sleeping girl. She was very very close to death but they were quick enough to bring her there.

A man stood there watching the sleeping girl. He crossed his arms and nodded lightly. His bright blue eyes examined this young lady. This caring and selfless girl. This Independent and courageous shinobi. This beautiful and outstanding fighter.

"I know she will"