Chapter twelve

"Are you some sort of pet?" Konohamaru asked Chidori as they stared at the group of four.

Sakura could not help but laugh as Sasuke glared at the kids. "You're lucky she is nice or the Yamikage would have started to hunt you down." He said in a dark manner as Chidori nudged him.

"Your grandfather is a nice man and you should know how to respect people like him." Chidori said before another insult came her way but this time it hit Sakura.

"So you're Sasuke's girlfriend?"

They were sent running as Sakura chased them. The three followed behind.

They stopped upon seeing a familiar figure drop Konohamaru. Konohamaru rambled about being the Hokage's grandson that he should have the upmost respect.

Chidori, being the good girl, stood up to the bully. Only to freeze up at the sight of his painted face.

"Chidori?" The cat like male asked as the blonde female looked down on her with surprise.

"You know these bastards?" Konohamaru glared at them.

"You're the bastard!"

"You are a disgrace to our village, Kankuro." A low voice grumbled. Everyone looked up at the tree to see a redhead. He looked down on them, as if belittling them.

He jumped down and landed in front of Chidori. His eyes slightly widened at the sight of Chidori.

"Panda?"

Gaara gave a small smile as he ruffled her hair. "Nice to see you, Wolfie." She giggled and hugged him. the redhead have a small, almost unnoticeable, smile and kissed her masked nose, in which made her giggle cutely.

The group in front of them stared slightly. "You know them?" Sasuke and Naruto asked in slight surprise.

Chidori giggle and nodded as she hugged Gaara a bit more. "We're close friends." She smiled warmly at them as Gaara looked at them before holding Chidori's waist. He gave another quick peck on her forehead as he eyes the raven haired male that glared at him.

"Do you want to join us for lunch and dinner?" He asked, slightly glancing at the squad in front of him. "Not unless you have to do something." His voice almost signaled a warning towards her squad.

Chidori looked at her squad and then shook her head. She gave him a small pinch on the cheek, "Sure, Panda. We're not really doing anything anyway."

Temari, the blonde, gave a small smile as she too ruffled her hair. "Nice to see you're ok now, Pup."

"Who are you? You aren't from this village." Sakura pointed. Her hands on her hips, wanting to look tough and smart in front other the foreign squad.

Temari rolled her eyes and turned to the girl. "We're obviously here for the chunin exams, now... don't interrupt us again." She sassed and turned around as she gestured them to continue walking.

Sakura continued to get mad at the three younger group as they seemed to provoke her.

Sasuke, out of curiosity, followed the foreign group. They entered the ramen shop, where Sasuke had spotted the same all green ninja that had helped Chidori a few weeks back. He too was spying on the group.

"PanPan, where would you like to go?" Chidori asked shyly while Gaara placed an arm on her waist.

Temari and Kankuro looked at each other for a moment. "We'll head to the hotel, you know our curfew." Temari said and they had left the two.

The pair looked at each other. Chidori smiled brightly at Gaara, who still seemed to be thinking about how he even met someone like her.

"How about a tour of the village?" Chidori suggested. "You already gave me a tour of yours and I toured mine, how about this one?" Gaara nodded, still having a rather emotionless look on his face.

They walked in silence. That was their way of bonding, just staying in silence while doing something. Gaara was not the type to easily trust and Chidori was not an open person type but they seemed to understand each other. Despite their silence, they became close and had made this bond that even the slightest gesture meant something.

As they toured, the two continued to spy on them, trying to understand what kind of relationship this two had.

"Aww! Its near the freak!" One of the children pointed while all of them sighed. They noticed the boy's gaze and had all scattered away.

The child sighed and sat back at the swing. He looked at the ball in sadness as a familiar pain had hit his chest.

"No one likes me."

"That's not true." A shy voice said. The boy turned to look at a rather unique looking little girl. Her eyes were bright blue and a small sweet smile stuck to her face. "I like you."

The boy's chest pounded at the words. Although it sounded a bit mature in some circumstances, they are kids with innocent minds and they would say whatever would come to mind. He smiled at her and noticed that her wolf tail was wagging quickly. She was indeed unique