Chapter eight

"Chidori!" Kakashi said as the clone broke and he ran up to her weak form.

Zabuza groaned and was about to get up and attempt to hurt Kakashi but someone hit his pressure points.

A medical Ninja took the unconcious body and thanked them before leaving and taking Zabuza away to another place.

Kakahi held onto her as he did his best to stop the bleeding. She coughed and looked up at him.

"Sorry Daddy... I'm still weak." She blacked out as Tazuna and the rest tried to help out. They bandaged her up the best they could and hurried to his home where she was quickly tended to by Tsunami, Tazuna's daughter.

Kakashi sighed as he looked at Chidori's form. She was peaceful but she looked pained as well.

He should have done more. He should have worked harder. He should have looked stronger for her. He felt like the reason why she overexerted herself was because she felt that maybe Kakashi was not strong enough to fight against Zabuza alone.

He sighed heavily as Tsunami went to get more hot watered towels and bandages. It frustrated Kakashi because he could not even help heal her up. He did not have the same medical gift like Kistune.

"I'm sorry I doubted your daughter... I judged by the looks... I was drunk." Tazuna apologized, slightly scratching his neck.

"I did not know Chidori chan had such skill!" Naruto praised as he looked at her. "But will she be ok?"

Kakashi nodded a bit. "Of course she will but it will take some time to heal..."

Sasuke looked at Kakashi as he said those words. He had so much in his mind he did not know what to ask first. "But what will happen then? If she is not fully recovered and you're also injured,  what will happen now?" He went with the simplest question he had. "Who will defend Tazuna when Zabuza comes back, since you did say that that medical ninja was a fake."

"You will." Kakashi said calmly. "You all will."

"We don't have the time!" Sakura exasperatedly said. "A little training won't easily make us trained shinobi like you!"

Kakashi shook his head and got up, due to the fight, his walking became a little pained. "If Chidori, a ten year old girl, could do it, then so can you. Besides, you should start having confidence in yourself."

As they went out to practice, Chidori was left there, trapped in her thoughts.

She hated it. Her mind played tricks on her as she tried to save her people. She tried to contribute but that purple eyes demon was too strong. They were too strong that not even her mother had the strength to defeat them.

She woild scream out her name and plead for all this to stop, but she was trapped in her own fear.

Her fight was so similar. It was just that Kakashi was held captive that made things a bit easier as he was not that badly wounded. She had his attention fully on her and it made things a but easier as she had seen many of Kakashi's battles in the training ground with different people.

She used his way of fighting and gave it a swifter, faster and a bit stronger to it. She tried her best but is seemed that she was still not strong enough. Just like how she was still too weak to save her mother.

After I explained the exercise to them, I left to train on my own, well more on self thinking.

As I got away from them, I sat down and sighed. I have failed her. I nearly let Chidori killed. I was so frustrated in myself as I was careless. If it was just the three maybe I wouldn't have worried too much but Chidori was there and I was so clouded by that though that I was not even fighting properly anymore.

I started to take out all my anger on the tree as I just thought of the time when I also have failed to keep her safe. I wished that I was a better father.

I wished that I could have done more and showed more instread of just being away in missions and not even getting to know my child's strength.

I growled lowly as I tried to continued but my body was pained already. Maybe hecause of the extreme scare and stress or maybe because I was not strong enough.

I need fo protect my child.