I picked up the other items and a chocolate bar for Grace before I headed towards the counter placing them down to be scanned. My eyes flickered to the badge carelessly pinned to the man's shirt.

Kash

I knew he was the owner as his name was in big letters across the front of the store. I handed him a twenty dollar bill after he placed everything into a brown paper bag.

"Have a nice evening." Kash simply spoke as he handed me my change.

"You too." I muttered before leaving the store, I struggled to get the zip down on my pocket to put the change back in.

Out of nowhere, the wind was knocked out of me. The money had been ripped out of my hand and I fell on my wrist. The bag split causing the milk to burst and eggs to break as it hit the ground.

"Hey! Asshole!" I shouted after the figure who ran down the street with a hood over his head.

I heard the chime of the bell once again and the store door opened, the red headed boy from the aisle and Kash stood looking down at me.

"Shit, are you okay?" The boy questioned leaning down to help me get up, I didn't miss the way Kash's eyes watched the boy closely.

"Some asshole just stole my change right out of my hand, my wrist hurts like a bitch." I explained while clutching my left wrist.

"I'll get you another bag and the same items again." Kash stated with a pitiful smile.

"You don't have to do that." I replied, but he just shrugged.

"Let's just get you back into the store for now." The red headed boy advised pulling the door open for me.

"Thank you."

Kash filled another brown paper bag with the same items I had purchased before.

"Ian maybe you could walk her home, she's had enough trouble for one night." Kash suggested and I shook my head.

"It's not necessary, ow shit." I grumbled holding my wrist.

"Where do you live?" Ian asked as Kash tossed him his jacket from behind the counter.

"North Lawndale, I just moved here." I clarified and Ian's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"It really is a small world, I live in North Lawndale too. You must be my new neighbour." Ian pointed out as he picked up the brown paper bag from the counter.

"I'll see you tomorrow Ian and... we never even asked your name." Kash made the realisation.

"Bethany, but I usually just go by Beth." I revealed while holding my wrist to try and ease the pain.

"Okay now that we know that, let's get going Beth it's getting late." Ian cut in and held the door open for me as he carried the bag for me.

We walked along the pavement in silence before Ian spoke.

"My sister Fiona, her friend Vee was a nurse she'd be able to take a look at your wrist."

"Was a nurse?" I curiously questioned.

"Yeah she tried selling prescription pills on eBay and ended up getting caught." Ian concluded with a shrug.

"You wouldn't happen to know my grandma, Rose Carver?"

"Misses Carver? Yeah, she makes the best apple pie ever. She's your grandma? Haven't seen her around in a few months." Ian beamed as we were just over a block away from our neighbourhood.

"Yeah she moved to Washington for a bit to look after me and my little sister Grace, but we decided to move back with her." I told him while brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"No parents?" Ian noticed the frown that took over my face.

"They uh died a few months ago in a car accident, drunk driver." I stated quietly, it was still hard to believe sometimes.

"Oh I'm sorry for your loss."

I could see my grandma's house just down the pavement, Ian opened the gate with ease letting me walk in ahead of him. We both climbed the wooden steps of the porch which creaked loudly, the front door swung open before grandma came rushing out.

"Bethany dear, you were gone for ages. I was about to call the police, Ian Gallagher is that you?" Grandma hugged me and I winced as she pressed against my wrist.

"Hello Misses Carver." Ian greeted with a smile.

"Oh honey, what happened to your wrist?" Grandma looked at my hand clutching my wrist worriedly.

"I got mugged after leaving the store, Ian helped me get home. Sorry grandma but whoever it was took the change, I landed on my wrist after I was pushed. I'll be fine though." I tried to reassure her, but she wasn't having it.

"I told her that Vee is probably at my house and she could take a look at it." Ian interjected and I shot him a look.

"That would be a great idea, are you sure she wouldn't mind?"

"Probably not, she likes getting to play doctor every once in awhile." Ian answered with a shrug.

"Thank you Ian dear, how is Fiona and the others?" Grandma asked while clasping her hands together.

"She's still juggling a few jobs, but Lip and I are trying to help her out more now. We're getting by, I'll drop these on the table for you." Ian gestured to the bag in his hands.

"Thank you Ian, Bethany you can follow Ian across the street to the Gallagher's then." Grandma ordered and I knew she wouldn't take no for an answer.

Only a few hours in the south side and I had already gotten robbed. What else could possibly go wrong?

Author's Note;
I am really excited to work on this fanfic, I've been planning it for awhile and focusing on it more than my other ongoing books at the moment.

Please vote and comment, it would be amazing and also check out my other books too! I'm hoping to post a few more chapters to this book soon. Thank you!

UNEDITED