Chapter 1: A New Start

Jordan sat in car listening to his music as his mother talked to him. Though he haven't heard a single word she was saying, he knew exactly what she was talking about.

  "Jordan" his mother yelled as she pulled one of his ear pods out. "I hope you were listening to me."
  "Define... listening." Jordan joked with her.

  He glared over and saw the evil look she was giving him. "I'm kidding. I'm kidding.I heard everything ma." He quickly told her in fear.

  "I don't know why you don't take this seriously. This isn't a normal high school; it's Seto Academy. This the school me and your dad graduated from and the school your sister is going too." His mother said.

  "I know ma, but I got this. I'm Just gonna do my work and chill in my room" Jordan commented.

  "It's not gonna be that easy. You gotta understand that this school isn't just all about schoolwork. You're a crystalite,  remember? A unstable one at that."

  Jordan head fell. "I know that mom." He told her with a serious tone.

  "I'm sorry honey. You know I didn't mean it like that but being that you're fresh out of the "program" now, you're a hot eye for every school, even those out of District 3." she explained. "You have a very powerful crystalite and since the schools are at war, you're a very dangerous opponent for them."

  "Yeah, I know mom, but I'm not using my crystalite unless it's absolutely required. I can't risk losing control like I did before." He told her.

  The terrible memories of his past ran through his mind. He remember standing inside of the decimated training school when he was younger as he stared down at the bloody girl in front of him.  He remember being taken away to a containment camp to control his power where he trained for 3 years. Jordan didn't want that to happen to him again, so he vowed to never use his powers unless it was necessary. As Jordan zoned back into reality, he realized the car had stopped.

  "Welcome to Seto Academy" His mother said as the both glanced at the school behind the gate. Jordan Quickly got out of the car in shock. The huge school stood 5 stories high with 4 staggering towers on each corner of the building. He looked around at all the kids and parents who were walking inside of the gate.

  "This school is..."
  "Huge, right?" Jordan heard someone finished his sentence. Before he realized it, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see his sister, Tamera, standing beside him.
  "Geez bro, I expect your eyes to be faster than that. You gonna need to practice on that." She said with a smile.

  Jordan hugged Tamera tightly. "It's been way to long T." He said as he released her.
  "Yeah it has. 3 years without my little bro, but now here we are, going to the same school." She said as she messed with his hair. "Come on, let's get your bags"

  They both walked over to the car. Tamera hugged her mom as Jordan grabbed the bags.
  "I wish I could stay longer and help him move in but I have to get to work." Her mother said.

  "It's fine. I'll move him in.  I'll make sure he's okay, I promise." Tamera assured her.

  "I know you will... but, do you have the "thing" just in case?" her mother asked.

   Tamera reached into her school shirt and pulled out a necklace with a small emerald on it.
  "I keep it on my necklace incase i need it. I don't think I'll need to use it though because if something happens then I'll kick anyone's ass who mess with him."

  "Language young lady." Her mother snapped at her. "Just... make sure he doesn't lose control again. That doesn't mean risk your own life in the process."