7. Girlfriend Duties!

Sorry for the late update!

"So, I guess we should now end the meeting." A board member said and we all agreed. The meeting had gone exceptionally well and I was having a good mood almost after a whole week.

"Sure. And ah.. Mr Jackson. Hold on a second." Celia Pethic spoke and everyone halted. She was dressed in formals looking curt and perfect. Hair properly tied, lips covered with lipstick and opening them only when required.
She walked back in with a couple of rich wine bottles.
"Here! I thought I'd give everyone a treat for being the new entry to the board. Cherry, glasses please." And her secretary kept glasses in front of all.
"I must say, it should be us who would have given you a welcome Miss Pethic." She smiled at him.
"Well, Mr Alphi, what do you say to that?" She asked me.
"Does it matter when you served everyone without prior information?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.
"Of course it does. That is why I chose the company from where you order drinks on your best parties. Cheers." She raised her glass and few of the enthusiastic members raised theirs too.

The meeting ended and soon everyone went out. It was as if mutually decided that we would stay. Lawrence collected the files and began to leave.
"Do not disturb us for some time assistant." She said to him and her eyes followed him as he went out. Then those pools turned to me.

"Yes." She folded her hands trying to show her eagerness.
"Good looks and wine isn't enough for me to buy this sudden interest in business." I said.

She let out a laugh.
"Atleast you admitted that I look good." She smiled.
"So you tend to focus only on some parts of the sentence. Great start." I responded.
"Oh. No. My meaning in saying is that Mr Alphi, I am new to all this. I had resources and little bit of knowledge about all this. So I decided to join. I have read about your contribution to the company's growth and that's inspiring. I am honoured to feel that this new entry is giving you insecurities that.."
"Excuse me? Look. You're young and to have bought these many shares you are not that stupid. So don't make me change my opinion. Insecure about? You becoming the CEO. Thanks for the introduction though." I gave her tight lipped smile.
She would have been silent for sometime.
"Not much into humor?" She wiggled her eyebrow.
"No." I tilted my aching neck, my right thumb making random patterns on my left hand, as they rested clasped on the table.
"Anyway, now that you have a opinion that I am stupid, I'll have to help myself get a better one." She grinned.
"I like that spirit." I felt loosening up a bit.
"I have a few things to discuss with you about the company's policy. Although I don't want to join the company but yes, my ideas might be tempting and uh, help  my share values to grow. How can we discuss that?"

"Ideas?" I asked.
"Yes. I didn't give it to the secretary because I thought it will not be safe." I clenched my jaw.
"To share the ideas." She completed.
"Leave your card with Lawrence. I'll inform you about it." With this I stood up.
"Lawrence, the secretary right?" She asked.
"Yes."
"Thank you Mr Alphi." She smiled catching up with me, her heels making a constant sound which sounded unusually good.
•••

~~~Hugh's POV ~~~

"Yes. Sure I will look into it tomorrow. Right now I am too tired." I said on the phone, walking into the kitchen.

"Good evening Hugh. How was your day?" Dor chirped.
"Hey Dor." I moved towards her and hugged her. You know she had that cute aura around her. She was tall but sweet. Just so childish and immature. Id gotten to know about the status of their relationship from dad.
But she was still so silent. Ter shouted on her almost all the time and she just kept mum.

"As much as I love your perfume but if you let me go, I have to cook darling." She said softly giggling.
"Hey! Why don't you become my girlfriend?" I asked with a serious tone.
"Because then, your brother's celibacy will never be broken." And we both burst out laughing.
"As if he would. He doesn't identify anything worthwhile darling but trust me you are a masterpiece." I said shifting on the counter where I sat.