Chapter: 9

Donovon's POV

After dealing with some pack matters, I walk outside my office because it is almost lunchtime. Dad has already mind linked me at least four times in the past hour reminding me of the lunch.

Probably, mom is driving him crazy.

Later after getting ready, I wait for Ivory to come out of her room. My eyes keep on flickering to her room's door, from time to time, as idly watch television while waiting for her.

Nearly, half an hour has passed since I am waiting for her, but she has not come outside her room yet.

I know she has not left the house, because she does not go anywhere without me.

Turning off the television I walk to her room and lightly knock a few times. But when I do not receive any sign of opening the door, I slowly turn the knob and peek my head inside the room.

Her scent hits me with full force, nearly making me moan as Storm howl happily in my mind. Stepping inside her room, I silently chuckle when I find her peacefully sleeping on her bed fully dressed up.

She is even wearing her chucks while she is sleeping.

Let her sleep.

"We have to go to lunch," I reply to Storm even though I am also debating whether to wake her up or not because she is sleeping so peacefully.

Slowly, sitting on the edge of the bed I stare at her face. The innocence which she has on her face is something that I always find fascinating.

Gently, I touch her arm with my fingertips. The faint sparks which I feel send waves of warmth inside my heart. She has not recognized the mate bond yet, so she is not able to feel the sparks. Even though the warmth which I feel with her touch is nothing compare to the sparks which we will feel when she will recognize our bond.

She stirs and her lips turn into a small pout. Opening her eyes, she looks at me with her sleepy eyes. As soon as she sees me her pout turns into a small smile, as she stretches herself like a kitten.

On the other hand, I just want to kiss her smile.

See? You are a pervert.

"No, I am not and please do tell me you do not want to kiss her," I huff, as Storm is fondly looking at her.

No, I do not want to kiss her. I want to bury my nose in her hair and inhale her smell and also I want to lick her face.

My wolf gushes over Ivory while wagging his tail from side to side.

Rolling my eyes at Storm, I focus my attention on Ivory who is glancing at me in confusion probably thinking what I am doing here.

"We have to go to lunch at my parents' place." I gently hold her hand and help her to sit, "Remember, I told you this morning."

"Oh, yeah, I do remember." She nods her head, then gives me a sheepish smile, "I got ready a bit earlier, then I do not know what else to do to pass my time, so I slept."

"So, when you do not have anything to do, you simply sleep?" Arching an eyebrow, I look at her in amusement.

"Yes, it is better than doing nothing." She shrugs, "I am utilizing my time in a better way."

I let out a loud chuckle while Storm is praising her for her smartness.

"Are we late?" She asks as her eyes slightly widen in the realization that it is almost time for lunch.