Chapter: 5

Donovon's POV

Removing the hair away from her face, I caress her cheek.

It has been so long since I have seen her, yet it feels like no time has passed since we have first met.

Because of her, I was able to build a connection with my wolf almost two months after my first shift. That night after meeting her, I and my wolf actually talked instead of fighting to prove who is the strongest one. My wolf is an Alpha so after my first shift, it was not easy to control him. He was not ready to be controlled and was fighting me. Being an Alpha made this even more difficult than any other newly shifted wolf. As after our first shift it takes time to bond with our wolf.

It's strange she bonded with my wolf, even before I could bond with him.

"She is beautiful, even more than before." Storm happily sighs.

"When will she wake up?" He asks, "I want to play with her and talk to her and just sit with her as I listen to her talking."

"Soon but as the doctor said her body is weak and needs to rest to recover." I try to make Storm understand that she can't play with her now without hurting his feelings.

I know how much he waited for her, every night how upset he used to be when she hadn't come to our spot as she has promised.

"I know, for now, I am just happy she came to meet me," he says quietly while retreating back somewhere into my mind.

Closing the door, I walk into my office where Cole is waiting for me with that girl.

"Alpha, my name is Jenna Simmons and I am a warrior of Wolfmoon pack," she states as soon as she sees me.

It is not news to me as being an Alpha I can sense other wolves' strength and rank.

"Jenna, can you first tell me why I can't sense her wolf?" Taking my seat behind my desk, I ask her the question which is troubling me.

"That is because she hasn't had her first shift yet."

"What?!" Cole mirrors my shock.

We werewolves first time shifts into our wolves when we are fourteen years old.

So, there is nothing wrong for us to be shocked by hearing this.

"She refused to shift into her wolf because she was afraid that Wolfie would not recognize her scent." She looks at me, "She believes that her wolf will change her human scent."

"But that is not possible!" Standing up, I run my hand through my hair because this is something that almost seems impossible.

Our wolf is a part of us, some even believe it is stronger than our human side. Fighting it is not easy, especially when we don't have any connection with our wolf. We form our connection with our wolf only after our first shift. Slowly, we learn to trust each other. That's why the first year with a newly shifted wolf is dangerous as they are unpredictable.

"We all were surprised as well when she stopped her first shift. Elders present in our pack could sense her power which was not letting her wolf take over control. The only reason they could come up with is that her human side is also as strong as her animal side. Every time she fights her shift she gets weak, as it takes on her human side." She shrugs, "But more than that we believe that just like us even her wolf finds it difficult to win against her stubbornness." She lightly laughs.

"So, for the last four years, she is somehow keeping her wolf restrained. Being alpha blood her wolf is powerful, yet she fights her and not let her take over. But now it is getting more and more painful for her."