Chapter: 8

Donovon's POV

After running the border patrol, in the morning to ensure the pack border is protected and no one can breach the border security, I return to the training ground.

Every day I train because I want to push myself to be better. My shoulders hold the responsibility of my pack. Each wolf of my pack looks up to me and trusts me, and as their Alpha, I can't disappoint them.

After I have finished my training, I stay back to overlook the training of other wolves of my pack.

In our pack, everyone has to train. We start training even before we shift for the first time. However, after we go through our first shift then the real training starts where we learn to fight in both our human and wolf forms.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I watch different groups of wolves practicing different fighting techniques. My eyes focus on the group of newly shifted wolves where I watch warriors from Ivory's pack, Gavin and Luca, voluntarily helping them in training.

This reminds me I have to talk to Alpha Kellar and inform about me and Ivory to him. From the few times when I have met him at Alpha councils, I find him a level-head and kind person. He is not arrogant as most of the other Alphas but he is very fierce and protective when it comes to his pack.

My shoulder feels the familiar weight and a small smile comes to my lips. Turning around, I watch my former Alpha as well as my dad looking at me with a small smile matching my own.

"Hey, dad." I nod at him.

"So, how is everything going?" He looks at the training ground and instantly his eyes zeroes on Luca and Gavin.

He knows they are not a threat as if they were then they would have already been dead by now.

"Good," I reply to him, folding my hands behind my back.

"You have increased border security." He states, and I am not surprised that he knows this as even though he stepped down from the position of the Alpha still he looks after the pack and keeps eye on everything.

"Nothing serious, just making sure the pack border is protected as there was news of the sighting of rogues near the border of neighboring packs."

"Good, we can't take chances when it comes to the safety of our pack." He nods, "I will myself run the border patrol once a day." He says to himself.

I know nothing can stop him, because even though he has passed down the Alpha title to me, he is and will always be the Alpha of this pack.

"Your mother is worried about you." He stares ahead as I stand beside him mirroring his position, "I have tried to make her understand but she thinks you and Emma are good for each other because it has been six years and still you haven't found your mate and her mate has died."

A growl erupts from my chest thinking about taking someone else as my mate and my Luna other than Ivory.

"I can't." Clenching my jaws I try to control myself, "I have found my mate."

Dad turns to me even though he looks shocked but happiness is visible on his face.

"You have found your mate?" He places both of his hands on my shoulders and smiles.

"Yes." Smiling, I nod my head as my anger starts to fade thinking about Ivory.

"But when and how?" He shakes his head, "Why haven't you told us?"

"I have found her only four days back, I wanted to keep this news a secret because she doesn't know that I am her mate." A small sigh leaves my lips, "In less than two weeks she will turn eighteen, and I want her to experience this mate bond without the knowledge of me being her mate."