Something To Look Forward To

Liyah P.O.V

"Where my bitch at?" Toni yelled coming into my house. She better be glad my mom wasn't here or she would've got popped right in her mouth.

"Damn why you gotta come in here acting all ratchet?"

"Because it's what I do don't act like you don't know."

All I could do was laugh because I know it is true.

"So what's going on with you, what you reading?" She said leaning over the counter trying to read the paper in my hand.

"It's a letter from Ant saying how much he misses us and stuff. I can't wait til' he comes home."

"Do you know when he's coming?"

"Probably next month." I said pouting a little.

"Aww he'll be home soon don't worry."

"Yeah but on another note what's going on with you and Dre?"

"Well besides all the kissing we been doing, I guess we taking it slow."

"And how is that kissing going for you?"

"Girl." She said leaning over holding her chest. She so extra. "A couple of times he could've had me but Terrence, my mom or sometimes myself would stop it."

"Eww so your momma saw y'all with your tongues in each other throat?"

Toni laughed. "No we would just hear her coming in or something but Terrence has."

"Oh God and Dre still living?"

"Barely." She said imitating that lady from the videos where she say she legally blind.

We both laughed.

"Girl Terrence was going off especially after Dre left. I got a whole lecture from him, talking about some I should tell mommy you in here trying to make babies."

I had to laugh because she was trying to say it in his voice.

"It's not funny he get on my damn nerves." She said folding her arms.

"Aww poor baby, and speaking of Terrence isn't his birthday in two days?"

"Yeah my mom is having a cookout for him in the backyard, didn't your mom tell you?"

"I haven't seen her so no but I do know she has the day off that day."

Just then her phone went off indicating she had a text. She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Who is it?"

"Derrick aggravating ass, he been blowing my phone up."

"What he want?"

"He wants me to go to his house and talk about what's going on with us."

"You guys were never together right?"

"No! He was so wrapped up in being a street pharmacist I'm surprised he knows my ass exist."

"Wait what?" I asked scrunching up my face.

"Yeah Dre told me I mean I have nothing against drug dealers but I'm not trying to be involved with that."

"I understand where you coming from but if it was nothing serious and y'all was just hanging out what he want to talk about?"

"I don't know and I don't have the time."

"So you're just not going to talk to him?"

"Maybe the day after Terrence party I'll go."

"Does Dre know?"

"No."

"He needs to know."

"I know, but when I go talk to him will you come with me, you don't have to come inside with me or anything just sit in the car."

"Yeah I'll come with you, we ride or die. Just know if he do anything crazy I just might cut him." I said laughing but I was serious. Toni and I have been through a lot but we always went through things together and I will do anything for her and I know she will too.

She laughed too."I know."

We talked and laughed for a few more hours before she left. I love my bestfriend.

2 Days Later

I was in my car with Devin on our way to the cook out for Terrence. Toni said I should bring him along because Dre is coming. When we got there I was greeted by their neighbors and other familiar faces. Terrence spotted me and came over.

"Wassup bug?" He said giving me a tight hug.

"Hey happy birthday old man."

"Oh you got jokes." He smiled then looked over at Devin. "Who's your friend?" He asked sizing him up.

"Oh this is Terrence this is Devin, Devin this is Terrence."

Devin put his hand out to shake but Terrence just nodded his head at him. Just then somebody called him.

"Imma talk to you later."

"Alright." Well that was awkward.

"What was that all about?" Devin asked.

"He just takes a while to warm up to people that's all."

"So is bug a nickname?"

"Yeah my brother gave it to me when we were little because when the lights would go off my eyes would get real big."

He nodded. Soon Toni and Dre came over. We started talking for a while then everything got quiet and I heard my mom gasp. I turned around to see her holding her hands over her mouth with tears forming in her eyes I followed her gaze to see my brother Anthony standing in the yard. My eyes got big as I got up from the chair and ran and jumped on him. I heard all the awws in the background. I held onto him tight as the tears flowed down my face. I felt my mom come over and hug us. I finally got down. Terrence was inside while all this was happening but as soon as he came out and saw Anthony he looked so happy. He went and gave him a hug and after that he looked like the happiest man in the world. Right now I felt like the happiest girl in the world. Today made me feel like this summer was going to be whole lot better than I thought.

Not too much going on in this chapter but it was cute. The drama really begins in the next chapter. Hope you liked it and don't forget to vote and comment. ❤
Characters in the MM.